Solved Cannot Stream Radio Station Triple R (3RRR) Anymore?
Many of you may not know this radio station, but it is a favourite of mine here in Australia. I have added the Triple RRR add on to Kodi and it has worked perfectly until last year sometime.

I've been waiting for updates to see if the issue is resolved, but it's been about 9 months now and it still doesn't stream. the "working" pop up starts, but then stops with an error written to the log. All I'd like to know is if this app still works and/or is still being updated as if it is working for everyone else then I will begin the troubleshooting process.

I use Kodi on a Vero 4K Dec 2018 update which is the latest I believe... thanks in advance!
Apparently the add-on's author has not been active for quite some time.
Perhaps you can open an issue on his Github project: https://github.com/DamonToumbourou/plugi...ler/issues
If it's this station then you should be able to open the stream they provide in Kodi directly (this one, linked from their streaming apps page).

The wiki notes on Internet video and audio streams (wiki) should help in setting it up.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Wink 
OK, so by replacing the streaming URL in addon.py to "https://ondemand2.rrr.org.au/stream/ws-hq.m3u" found at /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tripler where the addon installs itself, I now have a working Triple R stream!

Thank you all - you've made an old guy very happy!
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Rawnet, I am also an old guy who likes triple r- did your fix get on demand working again?
@Jackojmi - you may also need to do the manual changes described above yourself to get it working.

If you can tell us which type of machine you're using (Windows, Android, Linux, Raspberry Pi, Mac etc) we can advise on where the file is you need to change and what needs to be done (similar to what is described above, which is for OSMC).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-05-31, 15:25)DarrenHill Wrote: @Jackojmi - you may also need to do the manual changes described above yourself to get it working.

If you can tell us which type of machine you're using (Windows, Android, Linux, Raspberry Pi, Mac etc) we can advise on where the file is you need to change and what needs to be done (similar to what is described above, which is for OSMC).

Great thanks-- I use libreelec on an Intel Nuc. I would appreciate some guidance with getting the live stream working.

I am also keen to get the rest of the addon working again too; it used to present the radio archive shows and program list to choose aired radio from the last few months. I am happy to do the work in this but am a rank beginner at code, so any advice from anyone with time would also be appreciated!

Perhaps I should start a new thread in this case?
I also plan on updating another similar addon for another community radio station in Melbourne-- pbsfm radio. It is working well but the audio archives are out of date, not reflecting current info properly.

I am currently reading through the how to's on writing addons.
Thanks.
No, don't start a new thread - this one is fine.

You should find the file you need under /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tripler .

Edit the file addon.py and change the streaming URL to "https://ondemand2.rrr.org.au/stream/ws-hq.m3u" in line 11 of the file then save it and restart Kodi. The py file is just a text file, so use a standard text editor to amend it (not a word processor like MS Word).

Basically it looks like this addon is no longer supported by its author and is abandoned. The source for it is here, but it hasn't been touched for 5 years. So to get it fully working (as opposed to the bodge fix I'm suggesting above) would need someone to fork it and take over support for it.

If you feel that's something that you would be up to doing then certainly go for it. The addon part of the development section here has a lot of people in it who would be happy to help you if you need some guidance along the way, although of course do try and get in touch with the original author first before starting.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-06-01, 14:05)DarrenHill Wrote: No, don't start a new thread - this one is fine.

You should find the file you need under /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tripler .

Edit the file addon.py and change the streaming URL to "https://ondemand2.rrr.org.au/stream/ws-hq.m3u" in line 11 of the file then save it and restart Kodi. The py file is just a text file, so use a standard text editor to amend it (not a word processor like MS Word).

Basically it looks like this addon is no longer supported by its author and is abandoned. The source for it is here, but it hasn't been touched for 5 years. So to get it fully working (as opposed to the bodge fix I'm suggesting above) would need someone to fork it and take over support for it.

If you feel that's something that you would be up to doing then certainly go for it. The addon part of the development section here has a lot of people in it who would be happy to help you if you need some guidance along the way, although of course do try and get in touch with the original author first before starting.
OK I've made changes as above and the live stream works-- thanks for the help.

For anyone else that might use this get the current URL from the web page at https://www.rrr.org.au/streaming-apps
(the URL has been updated from the one in last post).

I've emailed the original author to sus out the future of the addon. I noticed that his GitHub page is easily accessed from the addon page. How can I find an addons author if the 'view source' link is not present?
Specifically this addon-
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:PBS_FM
I want to work on this as well but can't find the author.

I know this might seem off topic, but users of the triple R addon will certainly also be interested in the pbsfm addon (similar, almost competing stations).
Good to hear.

The author should really put contact details in the addon files themselves, which would appear in the information screen in Kodi. Otherwise you can try doing a web search and seeing if you can find the source code on GitHub or somewhere like that (which is what was done for the original addon).

For your PBS FM one I can't find any more information than you already have, so that one may unfortunately be a dead end.

Edited to add - the user Chuko appears to match the description of the author (at least from the email address on that account) so you may want to try using the contact details tab there and see if you can get a response from him.

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello,
I am beginning to look at bringing this addon up to date. It will be a very slow process (as you will likely discover from this post!).

Live stream url for both triple R and PBS (which this thread discusses) are easy to find and include.

I am having trouble finding the stream url for the archive shows though (ie not live, recorded shows in .aac). Can anyone point me in the right direction, what am I looking for? I can find "chunk" files of 10 second audio, but not the correct url for the stream.
Here is one I'm looking at specifically, but applis to all the archive shows:
https://www.rrr.org.au/explore/programs/...ember-2020
Thankyou

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Stream Radio Station Triple R (3RRR) Anymore?0