help reset my chromebox Intel i3-4010U Processor 1.7 GHz
yeah Hi everyone so I bought this asus chromebox (Intel i3-4010U Processor 1.7 GHz) from someone and it's already have an OpenELEC on it and I think it's a standalone boot cause it's boot directly as an  OpenELEC with less than 5 second so my problem is that I want to format the device to install windows on it ,I tried hard to put it in the recovery mod but it won't. I press the recovery button with paperclip and turn the device on while I'm pressing the recovery button but nothing happened ,I uploaded a video so you can see ,I think I'm doing it wrong, I really need your help on this

video
OpenELEC has been a dead project for 2 years now. Switch over to LibreELEC for more up-to-date support.
(2019-02-17, 08:27)Klojum Wrote: OpenELEC has been a dead project for 2 years now. Switch over to LibreELEC for more up-to-date support.
I don't want to switch to LibreELEC I want to reset the device or I have to switch to LibreELEC so that I can reset it
Have a look here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362
(2019-02-17, 07:49)kasser29 Wrote: yeah Hi everyone so I bought this asus chromebox (Intel i3-4010U Processor 1.7 GHz) from someone and it's already have an OpenELEC on it and I think it's a standalone boot cause it's boot directly as an  OpenELEC with less than 5 second so my problem is that I want to format the device to install windows on it ,I tried hard to put it in the recovery mod but it won't. I press the recovery button with paperclip and turn the device on while I'm pressing the recovery button but nothing happened ,I uploaded a video so you can see ,I think I'm doing it wrong, I really need your help on this

video
 the Recovery button does nothing at all on a Chromebox loaded with custom firmware (mine, from the looks of it), so don't waste your time there.

You need to boot a Linux USB (like Ubuntu) and update to my latest UEFI firmware, at which point you can boot a Windows USB and install.  You'll need to put a bigger SSD in if stock, because installing Windows onto a 16GB drive is madness.  See my website and the Kodi Chromebox Wiki page (linked in my sig) for more info
(2019-02-17, 20:28)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 07:49)kasser29 Wrote: yeah Hi everyone so I bought this asus chromebox (Intel i3-4010U Processor 1.7 GHz) from someone and it's already have an OpenELEC on it and I think it's a standalone boot cause it's boot directly as an  OpenELEC with less than 5 second so my problem is that I want to format the device to install windows on it ,I tried hard to put it in the recovery mod but it won't. I press the recovery button with paperclip and turn the device on while I'm pressing the recovery button but nothing happened ,I uploaded a video so you can see ,I think I'm doing it wrong, I really need your help on this

video
 the Recovery button does nothing at all on a Chromebox loaded with custom firmware (mine, from the looks of it), so don't waste your time there.

You need to boot a Linux USB (like Ubuntu) and update to my latest UEFI firmware, at which point you can boot a Windows USB and install.  You'll need to put a bigger SSD in if stock, because installing Windows onto a 16GB drive is madness.  See my website and the Kodi Chromebox Wiki page (linked in my sig) for more info 
one quick question I already install the Ubuntu on usb , but how to boot it up what I should do 
and thank you for the help
(2019-02-17, 21:41)kasser29 Wrote: one quick question I already install the Ubuntu on usb , but how to boot it up what I should do 
and thank you for the help 

Press ESC before it boots into OpenELEC, and you should get a boot menu from which to select the USB. You might need to try a few different USB sticks or ports on the device. And might be easier to use a PC monitor vs TV, since the latter generally take a long time to handshake/set the video mode which might make it difficult to time correctly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help reset my chromebox Intel i3-4010U Processor 1.7 GHz0