ListItem.SubtitleLanguage populated randomly(?)
I'm trying to get info about subtitle presence in the list view (e.g. TV show episodes).

I tried adding the following to my indicator but it seems to work only on some episodes

xml:
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SubtitleLanguage)</visible>

Even if I tried to add the value as a label it is populated on some items (e.g. 'eng') but not on others even though the subtitles are present on the filesystem and when I start playback the subtitles are normally displayed.

Can anyone explain why is it populated in some cases but blank in others? Does it e.g. take some special event to have that particular ListItem property populated?

I'm using v18.0 (Leia).
not sure, but i guess it only checks for internal subtitles and not external subtitle files.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That doesn't seem like the real cause. I checked the episodes where indicator is present and only some of them have embedded subtitles. There are episodes that only have external subtitles but the indicator is still shown and there are some that also have external subtitles and it is not shown.

I believe in v17 it was working OK. It's true that in order to have the flag populated one must have at least started the episode but once that was done it was OK.

I.e. movie/episode showed with no indicator at first, once playback started then regardless of whether it had embedded subs or I downloaded them, when I stopped playback the indicator was there (e.g. Transparency! skin shows that as a flag).

Can you think of some alternate way how to check/display this info?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage populated randomly(?)0