Kodi not updating the music library
I installed Kodi 17.6 from scratch and now I'm trying to keep the music library up to date.
All files are stored on a NAS, after the first syncing i noticed that many sub-directories have not been scanned, currently I'm re-scanning but the db-file still has the old date.

Apart from that it looks like Kodi ignores exclusion settings from the advancedsettings.xml where I added the following line:
Code:
<audio> 
   <excludefromscan>
      <regexp>smb://QNAP/MP3/!NEW/</regexp>
   </excludefromscan>    
</audio>

Is it possible that new versions of Kodi have a problem with directory names with an exclamation mark at the beginning?
Kodi 17.6
Are there any limitations regarding the number of music files in a library? Maximum file size of the music database?
Kodi 17.6
Obviously there are some ultimate limits, but I doubt that is the issue as they are absolutely huge.

Rescanning will initially just check the folders that have previously been scanned into the library for files that have changed (size or timestamp), only then does it read the tags and update the database.

Using "." at the begining of folder names certainly cauase Kodi to ignore the folder, not so sure about "!" but I would avoid it.

Without a debug log there is no point try and guess what the issue is
I removed the old music share and added it back again - the music database has exactly the same size like before, and the last albums added are exactly the same.
Here are the logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/xiyowekona.kodi (kodi.log)
https://paste.kodi.tv/dapexacoti.kodi (kodi.old.log)
Kodi 17.6
Those are simply log files, you need to turn debug on (in settings) and repeat the scan music to library to produce a log file with some useful debug info in it.

I did notice it trying to access .wav files, these are untagged and unsuitable to be in the music library. You say "now I'm trying to keep the music library up to date", have you ever scanned music into the music library succesfully before?
Yes, music library scanning worked fine with Kodi versions prior to 17.
I have enabled debug logging now and re-scan, will come back when it's finished.
Thank you so far.
Kodi 17.6
While Kodi is still scanning i can say that excluded directories are ignored completely, regardless of any exclamation mark in the dir name... in fact it ignores everything from the advancedsettings.xml completely.
Kodi 17.6
<excludefromscan> is not something I have ever tried, but I can see in the code it is being implemented.

Looking at the the original log file you posted (without the debugging) the advancedsettings.xml file it apples does not have any  <excludefromscan> fields, perhaps you are looking at or editing the wrong advancedsettings.xml file?
(2019-02-19, 15:55)DaveBlake Wrote: Looking at the the original log file you posted (without the debugging) the advancedsettings.xml file it apples does not have any  <excludefromscan> fields, perhaps you are looking at or editing the wrong advancedsettings.xml file?
This xml file is located here: special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml and settings are overwritten when you use an advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder.
After I rebuilt an xml file from scratch everything works fine, obviously there was something wrong with the old file.

Apart from that the paths using regular expressions must look like this:
Code:
<regexp>smb:\/\/QNAP\/MUSIK\/MP3\/!NEW\/</regexp>

instead of this
Code:
<regexp>smb://QNAP/MP3/!NEW/</regexp>
Kodi 17.6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not updating the music library0