Solved Music Scan missing 70% of albums
Hi,
I have about 250 flac albums, all have tags. 
The music scan seems to do ok till about D - it gets david bowie, but not david byrne, or not all the ones I have, and then does not do dirty projectors etc... nothing up till a few at the end of the alphabet (assuming it does this alphabetically).
I have removed the source several times, rescanned, rebooted, moved memory stick to another USB, verified the Android box can see all folders on the memory stick using Kodi (browsing FILES).
So I don't understand why this is happening. The files are visible. I can even play them as FILES in Kodi, but the library scan is extremely problematic, most albums not showing up at all.

The debug log I generated is too big for the kodi hastebin so here is a link to the file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s8sUtx...zytJM5DwXl

NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV box
256gb usb memory stick with music - formatted NTSC
Leia 18.1

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks,
Mark.
(2019-02-18, 17:11)fredphoesh Wrote: I have about 250 flac albums, all have tags. 
The log shows that it has access to these files, but it is not finding metadata. The first to fail is
"DEBUG: ScanTags - No tag found for: /storage/58C65328C6530622/David Bowie - Space Oddity 24-192/01-Space Oddity (2015 Remastered Version).flac"
down to
`DEBUG: ScanTags - No tag found for: /storage/58C65328C6530622/Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman/11 For You.flac`

What software did you use to tag these files? They are Flac files and need Vorbis format metadata, is the metadata some other format? Kodi needs a minimum set of tags - ARTIST, TITLE, TRACKNUMBER - preferably many more.

Either have a look using Mp3tag or Picard, and if the problem is not obvious to you from that then let me have access to some example files (PM me a link) and I will see if I can see what this issue is.

BTW thanks for providing a full log with debug on with your post, it makes it so much easier to at least begin to help you Smile
(2019-02-18, 17:40)DaveBlake Wrote: What software did you use to tag these files? They are Flac files and need Vorbis format metadata, is the metadata some other format? Kodi needs a minimum set of tags - ARTIST, TITLE, TRACKNUMBER - preferably many more.
Either have a look using Mp3tag or Picard, and if the problem is not obvious to you from that then let me have access to some example files (PM me a link) and I will see if I can see what this issue is.
BTW thanks for providing a full log with debug on with your post, it makes it so much easier to at least begin to help you Smile 

Thanks Dave,
This is absolutely bizarre. I have the files on my PC, and copied them to the 250gb memory stick, so I would have thought the files would be identical, but as you can see, the exact same file, one bunch have tags, the other none! How is that possible?!
Most of the tags were automatically inserted when I ripped the CDs using Express Rip CD Ripper software.

https://videoblurb.com/mp/tag_info_lost_...stick.webm

Any idea how/why tag info was "lost" copying to the SD stick?
Thanks, Mark.

PS On a side note, the only time I used Picard was to add more tags to Cuba Eterno, which is a compilation disk, but to my horror, the combination of Picard and Kodi caused every artist on the compilation to appear as an artist, NOT what I wanted, but I think there is a setting for that in Kodi I recall.
"NO FLAC HEADER FOUND" ??

Really odd. I checked the tags using my favourite (BY FAR) tag editor, Tag&Rename, and it had the sense to tell me the problem, that the file I had copied to the USB memory stick had lost it's Flac header!
What on earth, why on earth, anyone?

I just reformatted the USB Stick (NTFS again) and copied just one album (that was previously without tags) onto the memory stick, and all tag info was fine.
So either this happens when a certain number of files are on this stick, or it was a weird freak occurrence. 
EDIT
I then copied all 250+ albums to the stick again, and the problem now exists with again, the first few dozen albums being fine, and the rest having no Flac headers....
I then copied all 250+ albums to a usb ext HD and there is no problem at all...

So I will return this memory stick to Amazon for a different brand.

Cheers,
Mark.
(2019-02-18, 22:00)fredphoesh Wrote: On a side note, the only time I used Picard was to add more tags to Cuba Eterno, which is a compilation disk, but to my horror, the combination of Picard and Kodi caused every artist on the compilation to appear as an artist, NOT what I wanted, but I think there is a setting for that in Kodi I recall. 
Yeap every song artist including those on compilations and guest appearences, but very easy to hide and just see album artists if that is all you want to see.

Never heard anything like your USB stick issue before, but going to mark this thread as solved.
(2019-02-19, 10:43)DaveBlake Wrote: Never heard anything like your USB stick issue before, but going to mark this thread as solved. 
 Yep, me neither. Hopefully the next one will be better. At least we know for sure it isn't a Kodi issue.
Chinese fake memory, most likely.
(2019-02-19, 15:59)HeresJohnny Wrote: Chinese fake memory, most likely.
 LOL, you mean like all iphones and most of everything we buy? But yeah, cheap and dodgy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Scan missing 70% of albums0