CW and FOXNOW addons?
Thank you for your time and effort. Has been very much appreciated.
(2021-03-26, 00:59)MetalChris Wrote:
(2021-03-24, 22:49)Eye in the sky Wrote: Would be great if someone could pick this addon up and make it compatible with Matrix.

I haven't updated to Matrix on any of my systems, and I've actually still got Krypton on main computer. If someone wants to fork this one and update it for Matrix, I'm all for it. I just don't have the time these days to update any of my add-ons for Python 3, and since I'm not running Matrix on any of my systems, I'm also lacking motivation.

When Raspberry Pi OS updates their build to Matrix, I can take a look at porting it to Matrix/Py3. I don't have anything running it right now though.
(2021-04-01, 01:34)zinge Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 00:59)MetalChris Wrote:
(2021-03-24, 22:49)Eye in the sky Wrote: Would be great if someone could pick this addon up and make it compatible with Matrix.

I haven't updated to Matrix on any of my systems, and I've actually still got Krypton on main computer. If someone wants to fork this one and update it for Matrix, I'm all for it. I just don't have the time these days to update any of my add-ons for Python 3, and since I'm not running Matrix on any of my systems, I'm also lacking motivation.

When Raspberry Pi OS updates their build to Matrix, I can take a look at porting it to Matrix/Py3. I don't have anything running it right now though.

CW/Seed addon definitely needs to support Matrix.
Is anyone actively working on a CW/Seed add-on for Matrix?
@MetalChris
Hello, can you confirm the current working status of the add-on? I mean does it work on Kodi 18 Android TV?
I tried to port it to Python 3 (Kodi 20) and after resolving some of the errors reported, I ran into the following problem

Code:
2021-11-03 12:36:11.928 T:14367 WARNING <general>: CPythonInvoker(35, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cw/addon.py): the python script "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cw/addon.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
2021-11-03 12:36:11.929 T:14367    INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
(2021-11-03, 06:40)QianyuLi Wrote: @MetalChris
Hello, can you confirm the current working status of the add-on? I mean does it work on Kodi 18 Android TV?
I tried to port it to Python 3 (Kodi 20) and after resolving some of the errors reported, I ran into the following problem

Code:
2021-11-03 12:36:11.928 T:14367 WARNING <general>: ...

Oh wow, I haven't used this one in a long time. It seems most of the content is aimed at a much younger audience than I (I'm really old lol) and I no longer follow any of their shows. That being said, I did try to use the add-on on Leia after seeing this post, and it does still work. @Lunatixz indicated some time ago that he had a CW add-on in the works, so I haven't thought about putting in any time into maintaining this one. He's a much better coder than I, and I'd expect his add-on will work a lot better than mine too.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2021-11-03, 16:03)MetalChris Wrote:
(2021-11-03, 06:40)QianyuLi Wrote: @MetalChris

Code:
2021-11-03 12:36:11.928 T:14367 WARNING <general>: ...

Oh wow, I haven't used this one in a long time. It seems most of the content is aimed at a much younger audience than I (I'm really old lol) and I no longer follow any of their shows. That being said, I did try to use the add-on on Leia after seeing this post, and it does still work. @Lunatixz indicated some time ago that he had a CW add-on in the works, so I haven't thought about putting in any time into maintaining this one. He's a much better coder than I, and I'd expect his add-on will work a lot better than mine too.

@MetalChris I don't believe I'll find the time to finish and release the CW plugin... BTW Kudos on the true-crime plugin!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz
@MetalChris

Never mind, unfortunately I don't have enough power to port the add-on.
The problem manifests itself in not displaying the episode catalog correctly after selecting CW TV Network or CW Seed, it stays in the current menu. And you can go back to the current menu.
Anyway if anyone would like to help, you can get back to me.

Also I found that by grabbing the M3U8 link, for example
Paste it into PlayThis and it will play on Kodi 20.
@QianyuLi 

Only works for me on Kodi 18 Android TV with stream quality set to 1080p.
@Eye in the sky @Wagg

I have migrated the CW TV Network add-on to Python 3 to support Kodi 19/20.
Because iconImage and thumbnailImage are deprecated in Kodi 19, icons and thumbnails are not supported for now. (need modify to setArt library support)
I will consider to release it as soon as possible.
Looking forward to a Python 3 compatible version.
(2021-11-25, 22:10)QianyuLi Wrote: @Eye in the sky @Wagg

I have migrated the CW TV Network add-on to Python 3 to support Kodi 19/20.
Because iconImage and thumbnailImage are deprecated in Kodi 19, icons and thumbnails are not supported for now. (need modify to setArt library support)
I will consider to release it as soon as possible.

Nice. Let me know when your version is released and I'll mark mine as broken, and redirect users to yours.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
@MetalChris
I have submitted PR #58 and I have no experience in developing Kodi plugins.
Can you please review my code changes and push them to Kodi's official repository?
(2021-11-26, 11:57)QianyuLi Wrote: @MetalChris
I have submitted PR #58 and I have no experience in developing Kodi plugins.
Can you please review my code changes and push them to Kodi's official repository?

I've merged your pull request into my repository. Be advised my coding is not up to the standards for the official repository. As such, and being that your version is based on mine, it also will not be up to the standards for the official repository. Your version is now available here:

plugin.video.cw-2021.11.26+matrix.1.zip

Streams failed to play when selecting the lower resolutions in the add-on settings, but seemed to work well with the default quality setting of HLS. Definitely a step in the right direction for Matrix users.
Works fine on Windows and Android, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CW and FOXNOW addons?0