Library details don't update when existing movie is updated
Hi,
When I update an existing movie in my collection from a 480p dvd version to 720p blu-ray version, with the same file name, kodi version 18 does not update the entry in the library. It still shows as 480p.
I can confirm that this used to work in kodi version 17.6, all you had to do was play the movie for a few seconds and it would update the library ok.
I have tried deleting the movie, then removing it from the library, then cleaning the library, then re-start kodi. Kodi will find the movie again, but still remembers the old details and shows it as a 480p dvd.
If I rename the movie, kodi will detect it properly as a 720p version.
Any help would be appreciated.
(2019-02-20, 04:55)pabxman Wrote: then removing it from the library, then cleaning the library, then re-start kodi.

This usually does it for me, there's no place in memory the physical information hides, of course you may be talking about a local cache holding which should get flushed (what skin are you using?)
(2019-02-20, 04:55)pabxman Wrote: When I update an existing movie in my collection from a 480p dvd version to 720p blu-ray version, with the same file name, kodi version 18 does not update the entry in the library. It still shows as 480p.
When you are updating replacing a video file with a new one with the same format (e.g. mkv), then just play that [new] file for a second, and the new video details will be updated. It's not the best solution, but it works.

Refreshing a video will create a new entry ID amoungst other things in the video database as if it were a new video, hence also bookmarks and watched status are wiped for that video. Renaming a video file will also result in treating it as a fully new video.
(2019-02-20, 18:52)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 04:55)pabxman Wrote: When I update an existing movie in my collection from a 480p dvd version to 720p blu-ray version, with the same file name, kodi version 18 does not update the entry in the library. It still shows as 480p.
When you are updating replacing a video file with a new one with the same format (e.g. mkv), then just play that [new] file for a second, and the new video details will be updated. It's not the best solution, but it works.
That's how it used to work, but it doesn't work like that in version 18 anymore.
Oh... :-\
(2019-02-20, 18:20)PatK Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 04:55)pabxman Wrote: then removing it from the library, then cleaning the library, then re-start kodi.

This usually does it for me, there's no place in memory the physical information hides, of course you may be talking about a local cache holding which should get flushed (what skin are you using?)    
   I'm using the Transparency skin, but I have tried switching back to Estuary & it makes no difference. Something has changed in version 18 to cause this.
Wherever kodi 18 stores this information ( ie video resolution, codec used etc ) is no longer being updated, as it was in previous versions, when the movie is played.
(2019-02-20, 23:02)pabxman Wrote:  I'm using the Transparency skin

Ditto, most are saying that playing the video a bit will allow the system to update the res, and it did work in the past, but doesn't seem to work in Leia at least for us. There might be something that we're using that is behind this, I'll test out with a plain jane install with estuary and see if there's something in common here. This problem has happened in the past, and I yelled at Ronie, then the fix was in and why I asked about the skin. Not so sure anymore, give me a bit of time.
Looks like audio track changes are not updated either.
Look here 341177 (thread)
Do you perhaps have .NFO files associated with your Movies? If so, are you updating the .NFO files to reflect the new Movie information?

I have done this lots of times (upgrading DVD to BluRay Movies, and currently updating BluRay Movies to 4K HDR Movies), but I use MediaElch, and simply update the Movie in that program (it grabs all the correct settings and audio), then clean and update my library, and everything works (both in Kodi 17.6 and 18).
Yep I have the same issue as well and was directed to this thread from my bug report!
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15584

I always liked the fact that when ever I would replace a movie with another with the same name but different audio the info in the library would get updated after playing the movie for a few seconds.

But since using Kodi 18 that does not work any longer. So now if I replace a movie with Dolby Digital audio with the same name but with DTS audio it will still show as Dolby Digital instead of DTS in the movie library.

I really hope this can be fixed in a future Kodi 18 update.
(2019-02-23, 01:07)Powerhouse Wrote: Do you perhaps have .NFO files associated with your Movies?
  No, I'm not using NFO files.
I could use this as a work around, but it would be good to get kodi 18 working like previous versiond did, without having to use another program.
I can also confirm this issue. See Github Issue report for my post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This issue now seems fixed with the latest nightly's Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library details don't update when existing movie is updated0