Get error when hit next on playing last song in album
While we're on playlists:
When the last song of an album is playing and i'm pressing "up"/"next" for the next song, playback used to just stop, which was fine.
Now there is a playlist error message.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Split as new thread for new bug please @VelvetKevorkian or it gets confusing.

I am not able to reproduce immediately so you are going to need to give more details. You have keymap? For me <up arrow> (on windows) just cycles through the current playlist items, and "next" button skips to the next track an also cycles back to top of playlist.

Maybe an Android specific? Anyway provide a debug log please, as well as more details Smile
There is a message along the lines of no more items to play, but don't think that's new in Leia.
I don't see that message either @jjd-uk , maybe I'm just looking at the wrong place?
@DaveBlake you'll get the message during playback.

i can't remember if we've always displayed this message, or if it's something new..
but i'd noticed something else while trying to reproduce:

this is me playing the last track of an album:

then after pressing 'next':
the message appears, but also all metadata and artwork disappear
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK @ronie , in Estuary OSD.... I was not looking there Smile
How do you hit "next" when last item playing, OSD hides the button?

Forgive my odd questions but I  don't use Estuary, and I play music with TV off and use Yatse on a tablet to control it.
tested using a keyboard.

Code:
2019-02-22 10:17:53.798 T:140273963813632   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x3c, sym: 0x002e, unicode: 0x002e, modifier: 0x0
2019-02-22 10:17:53.798 T:140273963813632   DEBUG: HandleKey: period (0xf02e) pressed, action is SkipNext
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks @ronie  that is another issue, and having failed to go to next and lost the art and tag data it also can goto previous either just restarts. I'll take a look at that too.

@VelvetKevorkian where are you when next (via keyboard?) on last item produces an error? That debug log would be useful.
Yeah that's the one I've also seen, I think you also get it when in Current Playlist view.
The lack of data and artwork after <next> on last item is because the playlistplayer stops (nothing more on list to play), but in v18 the player doesn't. It is a regression after the app/player rework in March 2018. The solution is to tell the player to stop, but what I am unclear about is the preferred way to stop the player - from within playlistplayer, or  from app when GUI_MSG_PLAYLISTPLAYER_STOPPED is processed.

PR raised to fix that https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15582 but I think @VelvetKevorkian is experiencing something else.
(2019-02-22, 14:21)DaveBlake Wrote: The lack of data and artwork after <next> on last item is because the playlistplayer stops (nothing more on list to play), but in v18 the player doesn't. It is a regression after the app/player rework in March 2018. The solution is to tell the player to stop, but what I am unclear about is the preferred way to stop the player - from within playlistplayer, or  from app when GUI_MSG_PLAYLISTPLAYER_STOPPED is processed.

PR raised to fix that https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15582 but I think @VelvetKevorkian is experiencing something else.
Nah i'm experiencing the same thing visible in the screenshot taken by ronie,
do you still need a debug log from me as well?
(I use a remote, so up = next track)
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2019-02-22, 16:11)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Nah i'm experiencing the same thing visible in the screenshot taken by ronie,
do you still need a debug log from me as well? 
Great, then that PR will fix. No I don't need the log. One less bug to fix than I thought I had Smile
It seems to me more logical just to ignore the "next" playercontrol action when there is no "next" to play, but don't have a problem with this solution.

Update:  same problem exist when playing an album of music videos.  Video continues to play but not infolabels for video player.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get error when hit next on playing last song in album0