Get error when hit next on playing last song in album
While we're on playlists:
When the last song of an album is playing and i'm pressing "up"/"next" for the next song, playback used to just stop, which was fine.
Now there is a playlist error message.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc

Split as new thread for new bug please @VelvetKevorkian or it gets confusing.

I am not able to reproduce immediately so you are going to need to give more details. You have keymap? For me <up arrow> (on windows) just cycles through the current playlist items, and "next" button skips to the next track an also cycles back to top of playlist.

Maybe an Android specific? Anyway provide a debug log please, as well as more details Smile
There is a message along the lines of no more items to play, but don't think that's new in Leia.
I don't see that message either @jjd-uk , maybe I'm just looking at the wrong place?
@DaveBlake you'll get the message during playback.

i can't remember if we've always displayed this message, or if it's something new..
but i'd noticed something else while trying to reproduce:

this is me playing the last track of an album:

then after pressing 'next':
the message appears, but also all metadata and artwork disappear
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK @ronie , in Estuary OSD.... I was not looking there Smile
How do you hit "next" when last item playing, OSD hides the button?

Forgive my odd questions but I  don't use Estuary, and I play music with TV off and use Yatse on a tablet to control it.
tested using a keyboard.

Code:
2019-02-22 10:17:53.798 T:140273963813632   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x3c, sym: 0x002e, unicode: 0x002e, modifier: 0x0
2019-02-22 10:17:53.798 T:140273963813632   DEBUG: HandleKey: period (0xf02e) pressed, action is SkipNext
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks @ronie  that is another issue, and having failed to go to next and lost the art and tag data it also can goto previous either just restarts. I'll take a look at that too.

@VelvetKevorkian where are you when next (via keyboard?) on last item produces an error? That debug log would be useful.
Yeah that's the one I've also seen, I think you also get it when in Current Playlist view.
The lack of data and artwork after <next> on last item is because the playlistplayer stops (nothing more on list to play), but in v18 the player doesn't. It is a regression after the app/player rework in March 2018. The solution is to tell the player to stop, but what I am unclear about is the preferred way to stop the player - from within playlistplayer, or  from app when GUI_MSG_PLAYLISTPLAYER_STOPPED is processed.

PR raised to fix that https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15582 but I think @VelvetKevorkian is experiencing something else.
(2019-02-22, 14:21)DaveBlake Wrote: The lack of data and artwork after <next> on last item is because the playlistplayer stops (nothing more on list to play), but in v18 the player doesn't. It is a regression after the app/player rework in March 2018. The solution is to tell the player to stop, but what I am unclear about is the preferred way to stop the player - from within playlistplayer, or  from app when GUI_MSG_PLAYLISTPLAYER_STOPPED is processed.

PR raised to fix that https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15582 but I think @VelvetKevorkian is experiencing something else.
Nah i'm experiencing the same thing visible in the screenshot taken by ronie,
do you still need a debug log from me as well?
(I use a remote, so up = next track)
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc

(2019-02-22, 16:11)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Nah i'm experiencing the same thing visible in the screenshot taken by ronie,
do you still need a debug log from me as well? 
Great, then that PR will fix. No I don't need the log. One less bug to fix than I thought I had Smile
It seems to me more logical just to ignore the "next" playercontrol action when there is no "next" to play, but don't have a problem with this solution.

Update:  same problem exist when playing an album of music videos.  Video continues to play but not infolabels for video player.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Martix release thread
Leia see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Leia release thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get error when hit next on playing last song in album0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.