Please convince me not to buy 7 Xbox 1's
I have been a long time supporter of KODI since I cracked my first XBOX 15 years ago. I have used it on every platform since and now I find myself lost in suggesting to my boss what to do...

First, Money is no concern, maybe space is! He is provisioning the electronic for his new boat which would have 6 rooms and a central living room all with smart TV's.  On the last boat we used Kodi on living room PC and only DLNA via PS3's in the rooms which served as a local DVD\BR player as well.  Seems guests and family are use to bringing disks and although there is "centralized content", nobody wants to RIP and getting "newer content" isn't easy with limited internet while sailing.
So.... I'm looking for a small blueray player that can install KODI.. sounds simple huh? Nope! 

There were some older Blu-Ray players with "Google TV" but that died. I can't find any threads about newer Android based Blu-Ray players to side load th APK. There is an option of using a NUC, or building small ITX based PC's... or the XBox 1s.

I don't like the Xbox 1s mainly for in my limited testing apps need to be installed prior via the internet and it's centered around your game tagger profile and less "Media Like".  Kodi doesn't directly play the DVD (ie Mplayer) the DVD  & CD app play natively on the XBOX with it's own interface 
There is also the concern about how the xbox one will work being disconnected from the internet for months....

So What's the best option for a small DVD like device 1080/H264/MPEG (H265 even better)  that can run KODI?

Thanks in Advance and Appreciate it
What about using a disc changer with a control 4 systems ?
He wants DVD\BR\CD players in each state room.
That's the point of the thread... Small Devices with Optical Drives
small HTPC with a blue-ray drive. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-VivoMini...zaEALw_wcB
Thanks honcho ,

I was looking at that route (NUC\Zotec) . but that unit is over 500 USD is more than the Xbox 1s and no Bluray or remote
Only Plus is you loose the gamer interface.... and more versatile 

I really wish Google didn't end of life "Android TV" the older Smart DVD players would of been perfect!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please convince me not to buy 7 Xbox 1's0