v18 Kodi 18.1 shuts down when scanning library
Hi,

Since update v18.0 kodi shuts down 2-3 seconds after i start scanning library. I have reinstalled kodi and my nvidia shield tv and the problem remains. Currently i have 18.1 installed and the issue remains. Any one got a clue what's wrong?

Log removed- Karellen
@philiplofgren

Wrong log. Read here, especially the Note... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2803146

Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, now its the correct one.

Log removed- Karellen
@Karellen
Getting there. I can see the sudden end when the Video Scanner starts, but for some reason you disabled Debug Mod
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, how about now? @Karellen 

Log removed- Karellen
Yep, better.

You are using rar files. Seems to be crashing while reading those. There is one entry where a file cannot be opened, and it is the last line of the log, so chances are it is tripping up on this...
xml:
INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'volume1/Media/Filmer/Maze.Runner.The.Scorch.Trials.2015.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS/maze.runner.the.scorch.trials.2015.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.r00' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: Lookup of /Filmer/Maze.Runner.The.Scorch.Trials.2015.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS/maze.runner.the.scorch.trials.2015.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.r00 failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"'

Might want to look at the reason for that first. Maybe delete it out of your library/HDD and see if Kodi still crashes.

There are also two rar add-ons from my understanding. You have vfs.rar v2.0.6 installed. Can you try installing vfs.libarchive instead and see if the problem is rectified.

If not @spiff, the add-on developer will need to advise.
My Signature
Second user I've seen that needs to rename their 'illegal/Banned/whathaveyou' downloads...

maybe from this...
maze.runner.the.scorch.trials.2015.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.r00

to this...
maze.runner.the.scorch.trials.2015.720p.bluray.x264.r00

Although it still looks like a scene download, but at least its not advertising what it is, like it's current name.
@Karellen  its the same result with that add-on, crashes after a while.

How do i delete my logs from this thread? its not so good if anyone else gets them.
I can delete them for you, but if I do, @spiff will just ignore the thread.

Your choice. Let me know.
My Signature
@Karellen remove the thread and the logs.
Hi,

Cab you delete the thread and remove the logs? @Karellen
@PatK dont get an answer from karellen. Can you delete the thred and the logs?
done
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.1 shuts down when scanning library0