Solved No additional information is fetched
Hello!
After installing Artwork Beef and exporting my library to artist information folders, additional information (artist bios and so on) is no longer fetched. Information already written to the database (and nfo files) is displayed as usual, but no new information is added (by scan or refresh).
I have uninstalled Artwork Beef (how can I use the extra artwork anyway?), but there is still no additional information gathered. A refresh is finished in less than a second, but no error, nothing.
What could be the problem? Artist information folders? Something broken?
Hoping for help!
Best wishes
Ernst
... I solved the problem, or at least parts of it:
As soon as NFO files are available, only information from there is used. If I remove one from an artist, new information is gathered on update. Probably, I should remove all NFO files and avoid generating them again. Or at least as long as all artists are provided with sufficient information.
Or, is it possible to add new information, without removing the nfo files? (except writing directly to them)
(2019-02-23, 00:50)ernstlx Wrote: is it possible to add new information, without removing the nfo files? (except writing directly to them)
No it is not possible. Local Information always has priority in Kodi.

A quick search of *.nfo in your file manager and delete the results will clear out all the nfo files.

Once you have your library setup exactly as you want it, you should export again to save all your data and changes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:No it is not possible. Local Information always has priority in Kodi.
I think that's ok. At first I haven't fully understood how to use them properly. I won't use nfo files for all artists and albums, but only where I like to change something. And I will reinstall Artwork Beef as it offers great additional fanart.
Thanks for all your help! (how can mark a thread as solved?)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No additional information is fetched0