Understanding List Controls
I have a simple list of the kind below and am trying to get the left and right buttons to behave as  expected.

http://ix.io/1BXn

In desperation I have right adding <onright>82</onright> and  <onleft>81</onleft> to no avail. I have tried looking at other skins but can't quite seem to figure out how these attributes are supposed to work.
that will go wrong because of these two values:
Quote:<itemlayout width="200" height="1080">
    <control type="label">
        <left>730</left>

that will place your label outside of the defined itemlayout area.

you don't need <onleft> & <onright> tags for navigating inside a list.
only if you want to navigate away from the list to another control, those tags are needed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-02-24, 22:48)marcus1901 Wrote: I have a simple list of the kind below and am trying to get the left and right buttons to behave as  expected.

http://ix.io/1BXn

In desperation I have right adding <onright>82</onright> and  <onleft>81</onleft> to no avail. I have tried looking at other skins but can't quite seem to figure out how these attributes are supposed to work.

<onright>, <onleft>, <onup> and <ondown> Tags specify the control to which the focus shall change when navigating, (left,right,up or down).

Imagine you have two lists;

List id = 123                                and                  List Id = 987
<onrigh>987</onright>                                      <onleft>123</onleft>  

item 1                                                                      item x
item 2                                                                      item y 
item 3                                                                      item z

Now when viewing that, you can only scroll through one list, the focus is either in list 123 or list 987.

So if you are currently on list 123 and you press "right" (e.g. with your arrow keys) the focus will switch to List 987 and you will be able to scroll that list,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Understanding List Controls0