Whitelist all available resolutions, good practice? Kodi 18.0 LibreELEC 9.0.0
There are 30 whitelist modes available for my Sony 4K UHD display with Kodi 18.0 LibreELEC 9.0.0
I play a wide range of source material 480p to 4K, Is it a good practice to whitelist all resolutions 1080p and above and just be done with it?
I of course also have adjust display refresh rate on start/stop enabled.

Sorry if redundant question but I couldn't find a specific answer in the rest of the forum.

Thanks
Assuming this was a illogical question?
Nope. Perfectly fine question.

In short: It can make sense.

Assume the following: You have an Android Box, you use Mediacodec Surface for decoding and its integrated "Scaling algorithm" to e.g. upscale 720p content to a 2160p screen is very bad quality. Then you want 720p (1280x720) videos to switch your TV to 1280x720 cause that way the TV itself will do the upscaling.

So short answer:
If the upscaler of your hw decoder sucks, enable all resolutions that you have videos.
If the quality of your SW upscaler is fine, I'd set kodi to 1080p and above, especially if you run kodi's gui in 1080p. If you have a very fast system and run kodi's gui in 2160p with a good upscaler, e.g. DXVA, VAAPI + Lanczos3, only whitelist the 2160p resolutions.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Cool, I'm using Intel NUC's and the hardware is good so Looks like I mad a correct assumption.
Thanks again for all the help you provide Fritsch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whitelist all available resolutions, good practice? Kodi 18.0 LibreELEC 9.0.00