Green horizontal line visible when playing a video (MKV)
Hi,

My setup: LibreElec with Kodi 17.6.

I have a weird visual display issue when playing an .MKV movie file: on the bottom of the video there's a thin (say 1-2 pixels on height) full screen width green horizontal line constantly visible when playing an MKV in Kodi. Notice: The green line ain't visible when I play the same MKV e.g. in VLC on my Windows laptop. What could cause such a strange and visually disturbing effect in Kodi?

The video source was a blu-ray (display ratio 2.39:1 / 16x9) > produced an MKV with MakeMKV (latest; no green line visible) and encoded with HandBrake (latest; no green line visible on VLC/Windows).

Seems that those have appeared into all my existing MKV's when start playing. My software hasn't changed, but all HW: TV (Sony XF9005) and A/V receiver (Yamaha RX-v685). Could it have something to do with Kodi:

- video play accelerators?
- refresh rate (currently 60hz)?
- something else?

I'm very confused what suddenly causes this...

Help appreciated Smile

//timo
And here is my full kodilog while playing a MKV (with the greenline effect):
https://pastebin.com/EPvxhjWh

//Timo
Any idea of what could cause this?

To wrap-up:

- the bottom green line does NOT appear when playing the MKV in VLC (latest official release) on Windows 10
- the bottom green line APPEARS when playing the MKV in LE 8.x / Kodi 17.6 (no changes in LE / Kodi environment)

I am all "Huh??" what could cause this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green horizontal line visible when playing a video (MKV)0