Graceful Shutdown for KODI from UPS
Hi guys
Im running kodi (ver 18.1 on dfault estuary skin) on a dedicated windows PC that is plugged into a UPS. When there is a power outage the UPS sends the OS (server2016) the shutdown signal after 10 minutes(10 minutes because sometimes power is restored after 5 or 6 minutes).  Once the power comes back the computer boots up once again when the UPS is happy with the voltage and current(I changed the power settings to 'always on' in the BIOS)
However
When the machine fires back up, the interface is out of proportion and circular elements are oval in shape and posters with the 2:3 aspect ratio are just square, so the top 1/3 is just chopped off. Interesting bit is if I shutdown using the shutdown command on the yaste app on my android the skin comes back in proper proportions after the restart. I suspect the shutdown signal from the UPS is okay for the OS but probably kills the kodi process when shutting down the machine probably skipping some nessesary tasks. Is there a way that the shutdown command from yaste can be used in a powsershell script or batch file for the UPS software to execute after its 10 minute wait? I have had a look at the buit in commands page but I have no idea how to impliment it, my coding skills are ZERO lol , any help will be greatly appreciated.
A few deatails if it helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graceful Shutdown for KODI from UPS0