Unable to create timer with Nextpvr addon in Kodi 17.6 guide
I am running Kodi 17.6 with Amber Skin 3.08 and NextPVR addon 2.4.13. Running NextPVR version 4.2.3 (181112).

When trying to add a timer from the Kodi channel guide, I select "add timer". I can change any of the fields I wish except for the directory where I want it recorded, and it adds the timer perfectly and uses the "default" directory.

If I change the default directory (where I want it recorded) to any of the directories I have setup on NextPvr, I get the message:
Quote: 
An unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the log for more information.
Quote: 
Here are the Kodi logs with debug turned on. https://pastebin.com/Yb0qF0Jd
In this log you will 1st see at 14:00:01.561 where I successfully create the timer without changing the recording directory. So it uses "default". Works perfectly. Then later you will see the unsuccessful attempt. I can only assume something isn't being passed to NextPVR properly.
I did this test on my desktop computer under windows 10 as this is my "test machine". I get the exact same results from my HTPC running Windows 7 pro.
And by the way, I have 2 other Kodi's running LibreElec and also 17.6 kodi. One is a raspberry pi, the other a Zbox. Both get the exact same results. So it can't be a Windows problem. All those systems, including this "test" system, have X-NEWA installed and I have no issues creating timers using X-NEWA. But it should work just as well using the Kodi addon and it would be more convenient.
Let me know if you need more info. I tried to paste the screenshot as well, but not sure if it will show up here or not.
Seems there is a problem with apostrophes and a few other characters in the Group Name so you will have to remove it from "Harry's Files".  I have fixed this for the next version of the v18 plugin.

Martin
I removed the apostrophe from "Harry's Shows" and just made it Harrys Shows.  I get the same results.  Also in the other groups I removed the C: and just made it XXX on C.  Got the exact same thing.
Possibly your update you referred to will fix it.
Could I see your debug log and NextPVR web.log please.

Thanks.

Martin
Update=========================
I decided to change all my groups names to single words with no spaces, apostrophes, or anything else.  That fixed it.
Thanks for your support.  I love NextPVR so it is nice being able to setup recording straight from Kodi.
Could I see the debug log and the NextPVR web.log please?

Martin
Here's the kodi log https://pastebin.com/a4BPmQsx
Where do I find that NextPVR log?
(2019-02-27, 19:18)ReplayHarry Wrote: Here's the kodi log https://pastebin.com/a4BPmQsx
Where do I find that NextPVR log?
 That log is a new run I don't see you duplicating the problem.  The NextPVR logs are typically zipped and uploaded to the NextPVR forum.  It will be in \users\public\npvr\logs on the backend.

Martin
ok, I found that log but seeing as it is in use, I can't access it.  If you really need it to help in some way, I 'll have to shut everything down and initiate the record again in order to get something.
As I said it my previous post, when I took out any spaces, commas, apostrophes, colons or anything else that was not a regular alpha character, it worked just fine.  The original Kodi logs had debug turned on for my successful timers (using default) and for the erroneous ones using the now known to be bad group names.  So of course when I made those changes to the group names and initiated another recording there were no errors and the timer was created properly.
If I could help you in anyway, I will. But as I said I will have to shut down and free up the log, etc etc.  Just looking at it, it looks pretty big.  Not sure I can even load something that large to pastbin.  But if you need it I will try.
Please advise and I do appreciate both your program and your efforts.  Nextpvr has been rock solid during the time I have used it.
Ok I missed your update, yes spaces and other characters are allowed with the change.  For future reference if you zip the logs using the recommended option on the main NextPVR setup screen it deals with the locked file issue.

Martin
ok, I think we can close this one.  I now know that I always have to use just "alpha" characters for group names.  I'll put those changes on my main HTPC now and will be done.
Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to create timer with Nextpvr addon in Kodi 17.6 guide0