Kodi 18 and 18.1 Trying to play Trailers Crashes Kodi 18 and 18.1
I'm having an issue with the new Kodi. When I try to play any trailers from any video it crashes Kodi version 18. I reinstalled version 17.6 there is no problems and the trailer plays but on the new Kodi 18 it crashes Kodi. Are the Developers aware of this issue or is there a fix for this problem ?
Did you tried cleaning your userdata folder after reinstalling?
Are you watching trailers from addon ?
Why didn't you include any logs ?
Can I post Kodi log error here on my post ? I thought they don't want you to post log errors here. But I will. But yes I did cleaned User data file and its the Video Addon's  watch Trailer but it happens to all Video Addon's not just one. I believe the trailers are tied to YouTube so it's something to do with YouTube and 18 what I believe... And I assume this is not happening to you ?
No, do not post logs in the forum.

Follow this guide... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2665079
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thumbs Up 
Ok thanks
(2019-02-27, 16:34)Ojib Wrote: I'm having an issue with the new Kodi. When I try to play any trailers from any video it crashes Kodi version 18. I reinstalled version 17.6 there is no problems and the trailer plays but on the new Kodi 18 it crashes Kodi. Are the Developers aware of this issue or is there a fix for this problem ?
I too have been experiencing the crashing when trying to run a trailer in Kodi 18.1. This is what finally worked for me. I noticed that my YouTube add on needed to be updated so I took a chance and updated it. I then checked a trailer in Yoda and I started to receive a check the log error. Which was better than crashing. So I then decided to check YouTube directly to see if a video would play from previous searches and it did. So I went back to Yoda and attempted to watch a trailer and it worked and has been working ever since.  If by chance you already have the latest YouTube add-on installed rollback one and then reinstall the latest one and see if you can play video within it and then try playing a trailer through whichever movie add-on you choose to use. Good luck.
(2019-03-28, 00:00)Kim027 Wrote: I then checked a trailer in Yoda
Please don't mention or discuss problems with banned addons (wiki) here.
Your stay here might be severely shortened if you continue to do so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 and 18.1 Trying to play Trailers Crashes Kodi 18 and 18.10