Hello and help!
Smile 
Hi All,

My first post here so hello everyone and I hope not to be a nuisance.

I have searched the Tvheadend thread for clues but found nothing.

I have a Raspberry Pi running Kodi which I have recently set up using tvheadend as the back end server. The libraries are set up on my NAS and are working OK although some tweaking is needed. However when I installed tvheadend I failed to set up the recorded TV path correctly and it had defaulted to the SD card in the Pi. I only found this out when I changed my NAS to a bigger one kindly donated by my son. The NAS folder set up for recordings is named RecordedTV and resides in the base volume 1 of the NAS. I have set every share I can find on but the recordings fail every time. I have pinged the NAS from the Pi using Putty with good results. The path I am using is "192.168.1.10/volume 1/recordedTV" I have also tried leaving the space out of volume 1 and replacing the IP address with NAS .
A search and go on my windows 10 machine for the above address brings up the main screen of the NAS.
There must be something I have forgotten to do but I can't for the life of me think what and at 75 years old I guess I can be forgiven that.
If anyone out there can help I would be very grateful. Smile
You have to use a symbolic link.
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
https://libreelec.wiki/how_to/mount_network_share
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
I failed at the first hurdle in that mkdir doesn't work. Could be that I am in the osmc directory. I don't have permission to change to the root directory. However I do have WINscp installed on the PC and can see the root from there but don't have permission to create a directory. However I can and have created the storage directory and it's sub, recordings in the osmc directory. If I create a file in there as per the definition file for a Samba share, will that do it?
(2019-02-28, 19:39)ournev Wrote: My first post here so hello everyone and I hope not to be a nuisance.
Fear not — your post (or thread) will be thrown in the trash if it annoys anyone in a position of power  Wink
Quote:I have a Raspberry Pi running Kodi which I have recently set up using tvheadend as the back end server. The libraries are set up on my NAS
The Pi is not a powerful device and would probably perform better if you installed the tvheadend server on your NAS (this is especially recommended if you have more than one Kodi box).  Tell us which NAS you are using, or check to see if there is a tvheadend server package which runs on it.
Quote:I do have WINscp installed on the PC
You may also find Bitvise SSH client to be of some use in this application.
(2019-02-28, 19:39)ournev Wrote: My first post here so hello everyone and I hope not to be a nuisance.
My personal nuisance was triggered the non-descriptive title of your opened thread. Our forum search engine can search pretty quickly in topic titles alone, but your current title is basically 100% useless for other users with a similar problem.

Also, we try to help everyone here. It's a support forum. So, asking for help with an exclamation mark like that kind of gives me skin rashes (as a figure of speech).

Next time, please use a topic title that covers the actual problem at hand. So people will know what it is about. Thanks in advance. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hello and help!0