Problem with Extras add-on
I'm testing how to best make Kodi understand my movie collection. I have a lot of Criterion DVDs that come with a bonus disc. Currently they are on the file server like this

.../Movies/A Hard Day's Night/Disc 1/VIDEO_TS/
.../Movies/A Hard Day's Night/Disc 2/VIDEO_TS/

Now if I've understood it correctly Kodi can't figure out this structure when scraping for metadata. So I had a look at the Extras add-on and I changed the folder structure to this

.../Movies/A Hard Day's Night/VIDEO_TS/
.../Movies/A Hard Day's Night/VIDEO_TS/Extras/VIDEO_TS/

and it seems to work, except for the fact that it doesn't actually play the bonus dvd. When I navigate to the movie A Hard Day's Night there's now an additional option in the context menu saying Extras. I select it and then Kodi displays a directory listing with one item: VIDEO_TS But I can't play it, the context menu doesn't have the play option, as it has if I would navigate to the same place though Files

Have I misunderstood the required folder structure or what is happening?
Was this the wrong forum?
The only info I can find is on the wiki - Add-on:Extras (wiki)

From a quick look the add-on doesn't appear to have a thread on the forum here for some reason, so there currently isn't a better place to ask. This root of the add-on support section does tend to get overlooked as most people go directly to the specific sub-forums.

Maybe @takoi can give you some help though.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@Deriv

The structure is correct...
(2019-03-02, 19:06)Deriv Wrote: .../Movies/A Hard Day's Night/VIDEO_TS/
.../Movies/A Hard Day's Night/VIDEO_TS/Extras/VIDEO_TS/

The contents of the Extras folder are not scanned into the library which means that Kodi does not see it as a DVD, but just as some folders and files. If you still want to keep that structure, then navigate until you find the VIDEO_TS.IFO and play that.

You are obviously already ripping your dvd's, but you are choosing to rip to dvd format. Instead, choose to rip to single file. Get rid of the 1990's setup and convert your DVD folders into single file mkv files using this... http://www.makemkv.com/.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply. And I managed to play the bonus disc by navigating to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

But couldn't the Extras add-on be made a bit more user friendly. If there is only one playable item in the Extras folder, like a VIDEO_TS folder then couldn't playback start right away? And if there are multiple playable items couldn't there be a Play option in the context menu for VIDEO_TS folder just like there is elsewhere in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Extras add-on0