• 80(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia
thank you that got me almost all of them except for MEDIA TYPE and  TV SHOW GENRES - FANARTS. Do know where i can get these
reboot from internal does not work im using on CoreELEC 9.1 nightly is there a way to get it to work
(2019-08-24, 09:30)kow1234 Wrote: thank you that got me almost all of them except for MEDIA TYPE and  TV SHOW GENRES - FANARTS. Do know where i can get these

There should be TV Show Genre arts of some kind available in the repo... use any you like... just remember to enable them once they are installed. For the media type.. search this thread... it may be a file naming problem... there have been discussions. Good luck!
I have a bunch of questions and 1 bug report.

1) In the mediainfo on the bottom, it displays all audio languages and subtitles and scrolls through them. Is there a way to get it to only show only the first (default) one? AKA 7.1-eng instead of 7.1-eng/5.1 eng/2.0-eng/etc.

2) On the home screen when I hover over "Settings" I get small movie poster widgets above it. However if I hover over Movies or TV Shows, I get nothing. How do I get that over those?

3) How do I display a icon for UNWATCHED, but no icon for WATCHED?

4) I do not have an option in the "wall view" to turn off disc art? How do I turn it off?

5) The option to clean on library update does not work with only this skin. It's an advanced setting. Switching back to the default skin, it starts to work again. <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>

Thanks.
(2019-08-25, 03:12)Argonis Wrote: I have a bunch of questions and 1 bug report.

1) In the mediainfo on the bottom, it displays all audio languages and subtitles and scrolls through them. Is there a way to get it to only show only the first (default) one? AKA 7.1-eng instead of 7.1-eng/5.1 eng/2.0-eng/etc. I'll just rip out all the extra audio/subtitle tracks from my collections to save space

2) On the home screen when I hover over "Settings" I get small movie poster widgets above it. However if I hover over Movies or TV Shows, I get nothing. How do I get that over those? Just press up on movies or TV shows and select the widget

3) How do I display a icon for UNWATCHED, but no icon for WATCHED? Decided I like how you handle it.

4) I do not have an option in the "wall view" to turn off disc art? How do I turn it off? This is still a problem but seems to have fixed itself. My wall view is no longer showing disc art (I assume as intended, because it looked buggy in this view). If it happens again i'll post.

5) The option to clean on library update does not work with only this skin. It's an advanced setting. Switching back to the default skin, it starts to work again. <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> Another bug that randomly fixed itself after a day or so. Strange.

Thanks.

Since it will not allow me to edit (what a weird rule for new users?). I will quote myself. I more or less fixed or don't need help with these things anymore.

Some suggestions:

- In the flexible widgets (movies - recently added, tv shows - recently added, etc) discs pop out the cover as you browse. It'd be nice to be able to disable these. A way to disable discart entirely across the entire skin would be nice.

- A way to disable episode ratings for TV Shows in the views that show them. I don't want to know if an episode i'm about to watch is bad or good. 

- I am getting artist art that pulls from animated shows. This is rather weird for non-animated shows. I think it's automatically pulling from other shows I have in the collection to save bandwidth? If I go to the artist, press down, select "get artist info". It shows the real life art in there. Seems like a bug, hopefully fixable as my old skin didn't do this.

Amazing skin. Took a lot of customization since I am picky, but what a big step forward.
(2019-08-11, 23:14)Jumpy73 Wrote: Hi,
after some tests I figured out the follows.

- when I use smart playlists for movies, tv shows and music albums some issues arise:
    + starring in widget view is not displayed for tv shows while is displayed properly for movies
    + library status i) is displayed properly for movies ii) is displayed with less info than default for tv shows iii) is not displayed at all for music

- when I use static music playlists (m3u file) for music songs some issues arise:
    + disc art is not displayed in right list view if I move among song titles
    + disc art is not displayed when the song is played

How is it possible to address these issues

Many thanks

Hi,
is it possible to know if what I have highlighted in a previous post are known issues or not?
In each case, is there someone here can help me to solve them?

Thanks and regards
Hi
I hope someone can help I’ve days trying all sorts to solve this.
I have now done a fresh install on 18.3 added my Movies, MQ8 & Aeon Nox
First I tried the Aeon Nox skin and got correct flag in colour (with correct download)
Then I switched the skin to Aeon MQ8
Problem is that I only get text for the Audio channel flag (and language flag) displayed like so 5.1-eng. What I want is colour logo flag for Audio channels and remove the Language flag.
All other flags are ok. I have tried installing the Colour audio channel .zip and assigning it to the audio channels in the icons and images in hope that it would make the logo flag appear but no joy.
I have noticed this that in the metadata  for Audio if I leave the Language blank there is not even a text e.g. 5.1 , only when the Language field is filled in do I get the text output but
i also get the language flag.

In the skin settings on line 2878 - <label>7.1-eng/5.1-por</label>
I Removed   -eng & -por   saved the file hopping this would at least remove the language text but it did not work
I have tried the multi mod which let me remove the language flag (which I wanted to do) and get a logo Audio channel flag but only in white even though it is in colour in the texture file
(2019-08-24, 06:35)WaynesWorld19 Wrote: Problem I hope somone can help me - my widgets for Television Shows on my hard drive have disappeared 

Possible causes and solutions please ?

Still have not had an answer to this ...it appears i changed the default TV Shows setup...is there a way to restore the default TV Show Menu setup, without a fresh install 

Hope you can help
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I've looked around and couldn't find the answer anywhere. Maybe i was looking in the wrong places. So I apologize if this has been asked before.

Question:
How do i get Widgets for Sub-menus like it is for the Movies section? 
Example: 
I have created a menu entry for an addon and added sub menu items for Trending movies, New Movies etc. How do i get the widgets for those to show up as i cycle through the sub-menu items?
Is there a way to add new category to main menu?

I want to add category 'cartoon shows' for my children. I want this category to have same options as 'tv shows' category, i mean list of series, sort by genre, sort by year, etc.

I was mesing with skin customise option but all i get is the new category 'cartoon shows' but it have the same shows like tv shows category inside.

Please help
If this has been mentioned before, sorry.

When playing for example concerts, there is no longer a built in option for random?

Also same for music?

A regression IMO.
(2019-09-05, 22:06)vahacris Wrote: Is there a way to add new category to main menu?

I want to add category 'cartoon shows' for my children. I want this category to have same options as 'tv shows' category, i mean list of series, sort by genre, sort by year, etc.

I was mesing with skin customise option but all i get is the new category 'cartoon shows' but it have the same shows like tv shows category inside.

Please help
Another Problem before you solve your problem
Before you add this category to the main menu, are you able filter/separate cartoon movies from the rest of the TV Shows? How are your 'cartoon shows" separated from the other TV Shows? This is what you need to solve first I believe. This is the first problem, lets call it SEPARATING YOUR MEDIA.

If there is a way you can navigate KODI and get to a window showing only 'cartoon shows' then the first problem is solved. The second problem is much easier, linking this window to the main menu. Lets call this LINKING. Think of the main menu as a shortcut to various windows in KODI, you can only link if you have the window already.

Solving the first problem/ SEPARATING YOUR MEDIA

Solving the first problem is beyond the scope of this forum for this is a skin support forum. But I will give you some pointers. There is a KODI wiki page about Custom home items. It is well detailed and will help you. Of the many methods mentioned for separating your media, I recommend two for them, the use of Smart Play List and the use of Custom Video Nodes. If you have time, read both and then choose one. If you decide on the video nodes, don't miss to check out Library Node Editor, it makes your work easier.

For both methods to work there is just one question you need to ask yourself. What do all 'cartoon shows' in your library have in common that the rest of the TV shows do not have. For example, Are all 'cartoon shows' in one folder called CARTOON different from the rest of the TV Shows? Have you tagged all 'cartoon shows' with a tag named CARTOON SHOWS maybe and the rest of the TV Shows don't have this tag? If you do not have that one thing to separate them, then create it. Read the custom home items for all the details. 

Solving the second problem / LINKING

Your second problem is much smaller. From your post you mentioned that you did manage to add 'cartoon shows' to the main menu. The only problem is, it was taking you to the wrong window ( a window with all the TV Shows instead of 'cartoon shows').

Do this again, this time point this main menu item to the right window. The window that has separated 'cartoon shows' from the rest oft the TV Shows.

For the benefit of others with a similar problem I will post the steps of adding a menu item (LINKING).

1. Go to Aeon MQ 8 skin settings,
2. Main Menu settings,
3. Customize Main Menu,
4. Scroll down the list of Main Menu items (It starts with PRESETS followed by MOVIES) and select any EMPTY menu item,
5. Choose REPLACE THIS MENU WITH...to the right
6. Further to the right under OPTIONS choose either  VIDEO NODE or VIDEO PLALIST depending on the method you used to separate your media. Screenshot below. It will show all video nodes or playlists you have created. These you should have created while separating your media.
7. Click on the specific one you want to link to, 'cartoon shows' for example, and you are good to go.

This https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=89678 addresses your exact problems but the solution is much complicated, anyway read through the thread, it may be helpful

Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
New Ace 2 skin by MarcosQui is available for use with Kodi Leia 18.4, details in this thread.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi

I am using LibreElec on my Raspberry Pi 4 with the Aeon MQ 8 Skin.
I have used Kodi before on a Windows machine with Aeon MQ 7. And MQ 7 had a nice feature to enable extra movie info, like IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes and other extra info, but I can't find it in MQ 8. Does MQ8 have this feature also? So yes, where can I find it?
And I have a problem if I want to show the four thumbnail view. The thumbs wound generate.  

Thanks a lot for your help!
I have been missing from the forum since a while, i'd like to ask if the development of this skin is on going or if has stopped. I'm on 2.9.0 since many month, i'm just asking
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia12