Sound not working on XBOX ONE S.
I installed Kodi Leia 18.1 (the current version available from the store) on my Xbox One S.
All is working fine (smoother and faster than on my Raspberry Pi 3, which is fine), though there is not sound at all (videos, streams, GUI included).
I find out that this version, doesn't supports passthrough audio
Quote:"Passthrough audio not working - Not supported by Microsoft for 3rd party apps"

So what that means? How can I fix this?
Shouldn't be a problem, without passthorugh Kodi decodes the audio on the device and sends it (usually via HDMI) to the display/AVR

If you're not getting any audio at all this is nothing to do with passthrough

Passthorugh is only used when bitstreaming to send the compressed audio stream to the AVR without processing

Best way to start is to post a debug log
I’ve the same problem, sometimes I’ve sound and times not.

Without change anything...
For devs and users...

I tested this evening and it worked (sound ok) when I shutted down thru the Kodi on/off, before exit (quit) from the XBox menu... Maybe any program reason... I’ll post if with that method the problem still happening again Wink
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound not working on XBOX ONE S.1