• 3(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13630
will not play ISOs.. as some have said it did at one time.. wonder what happened..
With this build it seems a whole host of annoyances that prevented me from actually turning off my Xbox and using my HTPC have been corrected. Whether it's in the FFmpeg area, the XBMC area, or somewhere unknown, the tearing is gone, the lag is minimized, it hasn't crashed once in two days, and as soon as I get everything transferred off the Xbox, that little green light will be gone forever from my living room :-)
bigbw Wrote:will not play ISOs.. as some have said it did at one time.. wonder what happened..

I wonder too. Didn't find it yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hey guys, firstoff, its good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this application is amazing, and to see it being ported to the PC is truly great news.

One of my main uses for xmbc is to play my ripped .ISO's, and I noticed like many of you that the windows build doesnt seems to support it yet.

Anyone had any luck getting ISO playback to work?
Working if you get a copy of "XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\libdvdcss-2.dll"
I's seems this is misssing.

TT
desperz you can get iso to work using that file? what build is that file in

this build seems to be a lot more stable then the previous i've been runnin the player for about 6 hours now watched a couple of xvid no problems watched a couple of hd movies in mkv switched to .avi file format and seem to have good audio with 2.1 channel speakers seems to be very smooth goin to play around with aeon skin tomorrow see if i can get i looking nice and pretty thanks for the great work guys it's really startin to come together very well
desperz Wrote:Working if you get a copy of "XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\libdvdcss-2.dll"

It's definitely there.
Hi guys, first time post Smile

I've been a fan of XBMC for many years now and struggling with mediaportal since changing to a HTPC for hidef material.

Just wanted to say that the work on this is awesome. I dont have much to contribute, but re the ISO issue, deperz is correct. The dll is there but if you replace it with one from a previous build ISOs (and IMG files) start working.

If you cant find the dll I've uploaded mine which is from an intermediate build which is definitely working on my system. As far as I'm concerned this is now a complete replacement for mediaportal as everything I need works flawlessly so a huge thanks from me to all the dev team.

Heres a link to the file I uploaded, just replace it in the path as sepcified by deperz (XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\libdvdcss-2.dll). As I say this works on mine but you might want to back up a copy of your file first.

http://www.engageinteractive.co.uk/xbmc.zip

Hope that helps some of you
I replaced the libdvdcss-2.dll with one from the tch build i run on my xbox and iso's play now, but I have ati video problem, even with the old ati drivers that used to work fine.. will try it on my laptop..

bw
Replacing the libdvdcss-2.dll does indeed work, thanks guys.
nice i'll try it out when i get home
desperz Wrote:Working if you get a copy of "XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\libdvdcss-2.dll"

Good work! The version in the archive isn't the same than before but should from the same origin Huh
Anyhow keep this file secured somewhere. It might be that we won't package it anymore due to legality issues.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i would like to confirm that iso's do work using the libdvdcss-2.dll provided but for some reason my jump back and forth i'm goino uninstall and reinstall again and see if that fixes my issue
yea the .dll works but it seems to be and issue with video codecs i believe audio works well but the video jitters
it also does this with avi files also
Looks perfect here. Which dll are youu using? the one I posted or another one?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 136300