Bug Mini Series = Mini Headache
I am looking for some guidance.  I have a collection of TV Mini Series that have all been put into proper formats, placed in the TV Folder, and these title even show when I select "Title" on my TV selection.  However, when I select the title to watch the miniseries, there is nothing there (specifically, it shows no files to select to watch).  They are just blank, but the FAN-ART is present as the background or the appropriate series.  I have also tried to place these miniseries in Movies, but when I do that, the database does not acknowledge the file's presence.  

Mini Series that are not showing files to watch in Kodi:
- Mists of Avalon
- 10th Kingdom
- Legend of EarthSea
- Neverland (SYFY Mini Series)
- Torchwood: Children Of Earth

I am sure that the more Mini Series I add, the more this will become prevalent.  Also, this situation has been the same regardless of file formats.  I have used .AVI, .MP4, .MOV, and .WMV

Also, I have noticed this as the same across three separate platforms: Win10, Linux, Android.  Is it possible that I am just using to wrong platform to get these files to be accessible on Kodi?

I have images to show what I mean, but currently I am unable to see how to load those here properly, I am sorry.
Hello @cpowell79

You are obviously a noobie, so I think you have just made some mistakes in setup.

Have a read of this guide... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

If you still have problems, read section 2 and provide the required information... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

FYI...
1. Mini-series are not Movies and belong in TV Shows.
2. Torchwood:Children of Earth is not a stand alone mini-series, it is a season in the Torchwood series.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
moved to metadata scrapers
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have been through the steps listed in all the threads that you have provided.  I have renamed the files using several different naming conventions (both listed and unlisted in the links provided).  The problem still exists with my mini-series.

Using "The 10th Kingdom" for the example

For me, when I open Kodi, I select "TV Shows"
I then select the "Title" button to see the series listed.
Where all the images are loaded, all of my shows (including the mini series that do not show the files for KODI) each image has information listed showing [Number of Episodes Watched] / [Number of Total Episodes]
For "The 10th Kingdom" it showed "0/0".  So, "The 10th Kingdom" shows on my screen, but registers no file..!?
Go into the actual files, there is a file in "The 10th Kingdom" folder, file titled: "The 10th Kingdom (2000).mp4"

The only difference I can see is that my file is the ENTIRE mini-series on one file while the file scrapper shows up to 10 episode, but it is not even registering as if it was only the beginning.

I am hoping that I described this well enough to understand.

And before you want to send me the same links again, I have read all the links that you originally posted, and so far have had no luck in altering the outcome of this question.  It is entirely possible that it is a glitch in my computer (this would not be the first), but most glitches get resolved or resolve themselves and this is consistent since I had KODI v16.
(2019-07-03, 03:06)cpowell79 Wrote: I have read all the links that you originally posted,
You may have, but you have not provided the information as requested in the thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969 So I am going to send you back there again.

(2019-07-03, 03:06)cpowell79 Wrote: Go into the actual files, there is a file in "The 10th Kingdom" folder, file titled: "The 10th Kingdom (2000).mp4"
That is not how you name episode files. So send you back to this one... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library where you can click on Naming TV Shows.
My Signature
(2019-07-03, 03:06)cpowell79 Wrote:  
(2019-07-03, 03:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-03, 03:06)cpowell79 Wrote: I have read all the links that you originally posted,
You may have, but you have not provided the information as requested in the thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969 So I am going to send you back there again.
(2019-07-03, 03:06)cpowell79 Wrote: Go into the actual files, there is a file in "The 10th Kingdom" folder, file titled: "The 10th Kingdom (2000).mp4"
That is not how you name episode files. So send you back to this one... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library where you can click on Naming TV Shows. 
Yes, but it is not AN episode, it is ALL of them in one file, so are you saying I should name a collective file as a singular episode even though it has all episodes in one file?

Also, I am sorry about not including the LOG file, it didn't post properly, so I went back and re-added that.
(2019-07-03, 03:19)cpowell79 Wrote: Yes, but it is not AN episode, it is ALL of them in one file, so are you saying I should name a collective file as a singular episode even though it has all episodes in one file?
Ok, the following is the way the episode is named, assuming it is 10 episodes in the one file.

The 10th Kingdom (2000) S01E01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10.mp4 which is explained here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...i-Episodes

That will list all 10 episodes in your Kodi library, even though it is coming from one file. If you have all 10 episodes in one file, it is either a big file, or the episodes are short. What is the runtime of the episodes?
My Signature
(2019-07-03, 03:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-03, 03:19)cpowell79 Wrote: Yes, but it is not AN episode, it is ALL of them in one file, so are you saying I should name a collective file as a singular episode even though it has all episodes in one file?
Ok, the following is the way the episode is named, assuming it is 10 episodes in the one file.

The 10th Kingdom (2000) S01E01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10.mp4 which is explained here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...i-Episodes

That will list all 10 episodes in your Kodi library, even though it is coming from one file. If you have all 10 episodes in one file, it is either a big file, or the episodes are short. What is the runtime of the episodes? 

Runtime of the file: 6:56:24

File is about 6.5 Gb

Okay, but I do see one main difference between what you have and what I have attempted in the past.  Let me give it a try and see what happens.  I am hoping that the "0" you placed in "S" will do the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini Series = Mini Headache0