v18 Horizon - Leia
Broken with the version 19 as expected... Sad
(2021-02-22, 10:52)imarco Wrote: Broken with the version 19 as expected... Sad

Not sure if it is.

I have got it sort of working.  If you go into addon.xml and bump up xbmc.gui to version 5.15.0 and bump up the version of script.shortcuts to 1.0.17 then it does load and seems to work.  I have a lot more testing to do to see if that is truly the case though.  I suspect I can get it to work enough for my purposes
You are absolutely right!
Thanks a lot! Wink
(2021-03-11, 11:09)imarco Wrote: You are absolutely right!
Thanks a lot! Wink

When I said it sort of works, I really mean it!
At the moment it will not pick up and display posters within widgets, my guess is that is due to changes in matrix skinning engine to ListItem.Art infolabel.  That should be relatively easy to track down and change for someone with more coding/skinning skills than I have (I am most definitely only just above novice).  I have also come across a couple of other minor issues, I am sure we will find more.

If we can get a few people together who are willing to try and revive this skin - which I still think is by far the best for large screen tv use - then I suggest setting up a separate group/thread and a github and/or telegram to all contribute to get this to work, maybe even improve it (I have a few small ideas of my own)
Totally agree!
(2021-03-12, 11:30)imarco Wrote: Totally agree!
So far I have got most things working that I use.  Biggest problem is that script.extendedinfo is depreciated.  There has been some attempts to get it working with python 3 but you need to download both a working version of that and script.module.kodi65 and that is where it goes wrong.  One of the dependencies for script.module.kodi65 is script.module.pil (version 5.1.0) and I cannot find a version of that working with python 3.

Ultimately the skin needs to be rewritten to use tmdbHelper as a replacement.  That is a fairly big job but could speed the skin up a bit.
@justin150 , @imarco , I had not realized there was interest in using Horizon with Matrix also.  I will look at what is the minimum mecessary to get it working without issues in Matrix, including replacing extendedinfo with TMDb Helper.  Please give me a few days to re-familiarize myself with the code and start putting together a version for Matrix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@bsoriano Thanks a lot!

@justin150   i've installed before the change in addon.xml kodi65 and extended info and it's ok for me.
(2021-03-13, 00:57)bsoriano Wrote: @justin150 , @imarco , I had not realized there was interest in using Horizon with Matrix also.  I will look at what is the minimum mecessary to get it working without issues in Matrix, including replacing extendedinfo with TMDb Helper.  Please give me a few days to re-familiarize myself with the code and start putting together a version for Matrix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

That is fantastic news and thank you.

I did a bit more research and checked to see how it worked in the Silvio skin and looks as though the long term best solution is to replace extended.info with Embuary.helper but that might be a lot of work!!
(2021-03-13, 13:46)justin150 Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 00:57)bsoriano Wrote: @justin150 , @imarco , I had not realized there was interest in using Horizon with Matrix also.  I will look at what is the minimum mecessary to get it working without issues in Matrix, including replacing extendedinfo with TMDb Helper.  Please give me a few days to re-familiarize myself with the code and start putting together a version for Matrix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I did a bit more research and checked to see how it worked in the Silvio skin and looks as though the long term best solution is to replace extended.info with Embuary.helper but that might be a lot of work!!

@justin150, I will do my best to integrate TMDb Helper, since this is jurialmunkey's addon. I have already implemented it successfully in my own skin.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-13, 15:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 13:46)justin150 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

@justin150, I will do my best to integrate TMDb Helper, since this is jurialmunkey's addon. I have already implemented it successfully in my own skin.

Regards,

Bart

You have a lot more skills than me - so whatever works best for you is definitely the way to go.

I have it working on K19 - just not the movie/tv extended info part, but with that one exception it seems to work fine
@justin150 , @imarco , I created a new thread for Horizon for Matrix: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=361578

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thanks! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Leia0