Question/Idea
seeing how some plugins (divvin, ninja video, etc.) rely on you to launch either veohproxy or streamplug to use said plugins...is there anyway to make it so the plugin can "automatically" start the prerequisite script upon launching said pluginHuh

the reason why i ask is because sometimes i forget which script to run with certain plugins and also sometimes it becomes a hassle jumping from folder to folder to get things to work and i was thinking that there might be some way to streamline things.

that is all...everyone go back to what you were doingWink
Good idea. And shut it/them down when finished.

Or... going slightly off-track... maybe a Plugin's appearance/presence becomes conditional... a plugin would be grayed-out if its companion script isn't running, and a pop-up message explaining the missing dependency would instead be displayed if you tried running the plugin.

Speaking of conditional plugins... going farther off... Could a plugin be grayed-out or hidden based on some condition (no new media within predefined filter, etc)?
That is a good idead. Bad news is that I already tried that. When I did, the python scripts became horribly slow to the point that streaming was not possible any more. I don't know the reason for this. Maybe someone else can get this to work?
Isn't it possible to rewrite the proxy in C++ and integrate it in the XBMC core? Or make it a plugin and maybe then it can be executed automatically on startup?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Why don't you just put the following into your autoexec.py file:
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executescript('Q:\\scripts\\veohproxy\\default.py')
Thanks! That's working perfectly.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Hey, Unbehagen, cant you allso set up XBMC to run a script at start-up?
Also, how long is this proxy going to work? Is it dependent on the HTML lay out or what?
I know what a proxy is and how they work, Im just a little curious.
Rainbow 
Hey spc4,

That's what he's telling you how to do. Wink

Unbehagen Wrote:Why don't you just put the following into your autoexec.py file:
Code:
import xbmc

If you add that xbmc will execute veohproxy on startup. Wink

On a separate note could we have veohproxy check if it's the latest version on startup and update itself automagically if it's not?
Spc4 Wrote:Hey, Unbehagen, cant you allso set up XBMC to run a script at start-up?
Also, how long is this proxy going to work? Is it dependent on the HTML lay out or what?
I know what a proxy is and how they work, Im just a little curious.

* Create a new text file (with notepad IE) and past the code in it
Code:
import xbmc
* Save the file as "autoexec.py" and upload it to the D:\XBMC\Scripts\ directory on your xbox.
* Restart your xbox and the proxy script will automatically be started.

I'm pretty sure veohproxy can be auto updated on startup with a separate script that also auto starts on boot. In fact, every plugin probably can be updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question/Idea0