v18 3.3.13 Addon update
(2019-03-20, 07:46)WilliCJ Wrote: I just installed the NextPVR addon 3.3.12 from the original 18.1 release, and it works fine. I've just updated it to 3.3.13 again, and it ran fine, until I restarted Kodi, and we're back to the same issue.

I'll turn on logging, etc, again and send you the appropriate log, trace and dump files ... how would you like them? 
 I got the logs and it crashing outside Kodi before the log is even being called in ntdll!NtGetContextThread  Assuming you still have PVR component logging enabled the dll load lines are what I want to see are like this otherwise it is not the dll.

Code:
2019-03-20 12:20:01.732 T:6448 DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClient::Create: Creating PVR add-on instance 'NextPVR PVR Client'
2019-03-20 12:20:01.732 T:6448 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - NextPVR PVR Client
2019-03-20 12:20:01.732 T:6448 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\pvr.nextpvr\pvr.nextpvr.dll)

I will PM you a link to the Jenkins build of 3.3.14 perhaps installing from the zip will do something.

Martin
Forgot to quote - see below.
(2019-03-18, 09:04)WilliCJ Wrote: Since upgrading to NextPVR 3.3.13, my Kodi instance (18.1 on Win 10 Pro 64 with a TBS 6281 DVB-T2 dual tuner card in the same PC) crashes as soon as it starts. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled Kodi and configured/updated the media, etc, bit by bit, and even if it's the only thing I enable, as soon as I install & enable NextPVR 3.3.13, Kodi crashed as soon as I start it. I've generally had to uninstall it and reinstall it again to get it working again, but I have (sometimes) been able to get in and disable the NextPVR addon, which stops it crashing. 

Has anyone else come across this? ...and if it's just me, can anyone tell me how to revert to the older version of the NextPVR client?

Yes, I have. I haven't done too much investigation but it seems to relate to network protocols being available. If my wireless adapter is unplugged Kodi (18.1) crashes every time. It also crashes when waking from sleep. I thought I had solved a similar problem a long time ago by enabling my wired network port even though I don't use it. Previously, if the wireless adapter was off, I just had to unplug it and plug it in if I wanted to access media over the network but Kodi didn't crash.

I can see an app error reported in Windows logs saying that 'pvr.nextpvr.dll' has crashed but that's as far as I have got.

My install is very clean as I completely uninstalled both NetPVR and Kodi before reinstalling them (v4.2.4 and v18.1) and there is nothing else installed. Windows 10 is up to date.
Crashing waking from sleep is a totally different scenario and is definitely a problem with Kodi but not so much with the addon.  There are several issues

1 Kodi attempts to connect to the backend when the NIC is not available.
2. Once the NIC is available, Kodi runs PVR manager on two threads.
3. More often then not there are several unrelated crashes related to Kodi trying to use the video card and monitor before the are ready.

I have yet to create an issue for this but the bottom line is the addon can't control how Kodi is responding to the wake.  In 3.3.13 I did a little bit and now Kodi won't empty the data base after a brief sleep  but Kodi needs changes to make it more stable.

How that relates to the scenario when no wifi is available is unclear for that I would have to see the logs.

Martin
(2019-03-25, 17:05)emveepee Wrote: Crashing waking from sleep is a totally different scenario and is definitely a problem with Kodi but not so much with the addon.  There are several issues

1 Kodi attempts to connect to the backend when the NIC is not available.
2. Once the NIC is available, Kodi runs PVR manager on two threads.
3. More often then not there are several unrelated crashes related to Kodi trying to use the video card and monitor before the are ready.

I have yet to create an issue for this but the bottom line is the addon can't control how Kodi is responding to the wake.  In 3.3.13 I did a little bit and now Kodi won't empty the data base after a brief sleep  but Kodi needs changes to make it more stable.

How that relates to the scenario when no wifi is available is unclear for that I would have to see the logs.

Martin

Yep, I get it. Updating Kodi has been problematic for me. I updated both NextPVR and Kodi without uninstalling. I had the live TV buffering issue and 'crash when delete recorded TV' that are mentioned in other threads. The time things took to happen, e.g. load the guide, seemed very slow also.

Wiping both programs and installing fresh improved the live TV buffering and the speed of operation but introduced the 'crash on wake' problem.

I've given up for now. I've kept NextPVR 4.2.4 but rolled back Kodi to v17.6 and PVR addon v 2.4.13. So far, so good.

Thanks for the good work that you do supporting everyone.

Darren.
No problem for me with you going back but as reporte here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340321 you will probably will end up with slow loads after a resume too in 17.6.  Since I received no direction from other Kodi dev here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340309  right now there is not going to be much change for a while.

Martin
Hi, I have just registered to the forum because I have the exact same problem as you that I provisionally solved.
After several attempts I realized that when I have no active network and go to this page http://127.0.0.1:8866/service?method=setting.list the MAC adress of my network card disappears and consequently kodi all crashes with pvr.nextpvr.dll error has stopped working.
I have solved for now by installing Virtualbox and its always active virtual network card "VirtualBox Host-only Network" doing so in the ServerMAC section I find myself the MAC of the network card of virtualbox and kodi does not crash, even when the PC wakes up no crash after the suspension.
Sorry for the ignorance, but in the client section of nextPVR, there are 2 MAC addresses called PCH2, should they not serve the purpose?
@Danz it should not even be able to connect and get to the setting.list without the network being active.  I would like to see your Kodi debug logs so see how the problem is related to the issue.  I think the NextPVR web.log right after the crash would be useful too.

Thanks

Martin
https://paste.kodi.tv/amehubabiq.kodi "kodi.log"

https://paste.kodi.tv/xovenohuma.kodi "kodi.old.log"

https://paste.kodi.tv/eqivufiviq.kodi "web.log"

I did 3 tests
1 with active wifi network
2 with only the virtualbox network active and pc in suspension and awakening
3 all 2 networks disabled with kodi crash
Thanks the NextPVR logs show the problem using loopback only.

<ServerMAC></ServerMAC>

Are you interested in testing a fix?  If so PM me and I will send you a link.

Martin
yes, okay no problem
(2019-03-26, 00:54)Danz Wrote: yes, okay no problem

I see you are a new user so you can't get PM's  @DPGr if you are interested in 3.3.14 pre-release send me a PM.

Martin
(2019-03-18, 09:04)WilliCJ Wrote: Since upgrading to NextPVR 3.3.13, my Kodi instance (18.1 on Win 10 Pro 64 with a TBS 6281 DVB-T2 dual tuner card in the same PC) crashes as soon as it starts. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled Kodi and configured/updated the media, etc, bit by bit, and even if it's the only thing I enable, as soon as I install & enable NextPVR 3.3.13, Kodi crashed as soon as I start it. I've generally had to uninstall it and reinstall it again to get it working again, but I have (sometimes) been able to get in and disable the NextPVR addon, which stops it crashing. 

Has anyone else come across this? ...and if it's just me, can anyone tell me how to revert to the older version of the NextPVR client?
I am also having this problem. Today (3/26) NextPVR add-on updated to 3.3.13 on several devices and they all suddenly crashed instantly. I am running Kodi on Windows 10 x64 as well as several side-loaded to Amazon Fire Stick 4Ks and they're all behaving the same way. Kodi crashes instantly upon startup or when NextPVR add-on is enabled. I've found that if I stop the NextPVR service on my server, Kodi will load just fine and the NextPVR add-on will simply report it can't connect. But, when NextPVR add-on is enabled and NextPVR server is running properly, Kodi will not load/crashes instantly.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to go back to NextPVR add-on 3.3.12?
@zmedia Could you please upload debug Kodi logs from any of those machine otherwise this can't be resolved.  @WilliCJ particular problem is before the pvr.nextpvr module even is loaded.   I would also like someone with problem to try the Jenkins build of 3.3.14 to see if it addresses any of these issues unfortunately no one has PM'd me for details, not sure if those links are public.

Martin
(2019-03-25, 21:40)emveepee Wrote: No problem for me with you going back but as reporte here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340321 you will probably will end up with slow loads after a resume too in 17.6.  Since I received no direction from other Kodi dev here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340309  right now there is not going to be much change for a while.

Martin
No problems for me. Kodi 17.6 with several NexPVR versions was really quite stable. The odd random crash here and there but no big problem. Reverting to 17.6 with NextPVR 4.2.4 seems back to being stable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3.3.13 Addon update0