4k files on 1080p projector stutter.
Hi i have an Intel NUC where I have the latest Leya (Libreelec) and a 1080p projector. I thought it was possible to play 4k files on a 1080p projector just downscaled but each file I try i get enormous stutter. Can someone help please?
As you did not post your Debug Log ... no. I suspect the scaler, but as you neither posted your Debug Log (in this support forum) nor said what NUC you have ... hardly possible.

Change the Scaler to bilinear, save for all videos and retry. If it does not help -> provide more information.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi fritsch. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Sorry for the missing information. My Intel Nuc is a NUC5i3RYH.
I think you are right, I did use advancedsettings.xml and used Lanzcos 3 earlier.
Can I somehow use the Scaling on other material but not on 4k somehow?
As you are downscaling most of the stuff - Lanczos3 Optimized should be good enough. That one uses a fast path (convolution and rendering with opengl 4.x feature for pixel lookup).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi fritsch none of it worked. Have now made debug log for you.
Hope you can help, since it's really frustrating..
debug.log
Quote:14:59:43.819 T:140608102917888  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding)
14:59:43.819 T:140608102917888   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg - open frame threaded with 6 threads
14:59:43.820 T:140608102917888   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg - Updated codec: ff-hevc

Your Broadwell NUC cannot decode hevc 10 bit in hardware ... your CPU is running out of ponies ...
Thanks for looking at it. Can I set it to software decode it somewhere then?
It is SW decoded - and this is your problem. The CPU is not fast enough to cope with those 4k files.
Hmm that's strange since it's an I3. But an 60 bucks MI Box can do it, is that correct. If so that doesn't make sense since Intel was much more expensive even though it's older.
HEVC is quite new and didn't really exist 5 years ago, this is why hardware support isn't there on older kit. My tiny Intel compute stuck also decodes HEVC with ease (as its got hardware support) its nothing to do with how expensive the CPU/system was.

This should tell you what you need to know
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quic...d_encoding
Okay thanks for the answer. What can you recommend if I want HEVC decoding and also Lanczos3 optimized for 1080p which is not too expensive?
For hardware recommendations I would start here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

What sort of device depends what you prefer as well, some people swear by Shields, some prefer Libreelec devices.  I prefer Windows as its what I'm most used to and causes me the least trouble!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k files on 1080p projector stutter.0