change default skin
Hello,

I have a odroid C2 running Coreelec 9.0.1.
I use the Aura skin, no problem.

I had downloaded the Aeon MQ8, but after choosing use it, the screen is blocked and I have the message "wait for the process to finish". The progressing bar is alwway at 0%. After waiting around 2 hours, no change.

How can I switch the the previous skin, because now my kodi is completely blocked?
I can access by ssh.

tank you

Meirick
If it were me I would:
1.  Stop kodi via ssh
systemctll stop kodi
2.  Either delete storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml or edit the file - look for the line specifying the skin
  (eg change '<skin>skin.aeonmq8</skin>' to '<skin>skin.aura</skin>' - obviously check the skin id's, or use '<skin>skin.estuary</skin>')
3.Start kodi
systemctl start kodi
thank you trogggy , it's working.
I can't tell you for sure, because I'm running Kodi in windows, but I had an issue where I loaded a skin that didn't work and got back the default skin by altering the file "guisettings.xml" in the "userdata" folder. I opened it with a text editor and found the line starting <setting id="lookandfeel.skin" and changed the skin name there back to estuary, saved and exited and when I opened kodi, it opened the default skin again.

If your installation uses the same settings files, you might be able to fix it by the same means.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change default skin0