Req Duplicate Named Videos
I am brand new to the "Streaming Video" concept.  I use Ubuntu Server and have set Kodi up to see how it works.  The one issue I am continually running up against is the problem of two videos of the same name.  For example, Miracle on 34th Street has been released in two versions.  The 1947 B&W version and a Colorized version in 1985.  I have tried different naming conventions for this kind of situation, but have not found the one that will show both videos.  I normally get one video or two but with the same name and metadata.  I understand how its happening (the on-line database doesn't have anything for the colorized version).  
My question is what are the recommendations to handle this problem.  I would like to have both titles show up, I don't really mind duplicate posters, but need some way to differentiate between the two videos.
Many thanks in advance for any ideas/help.
@ov10fac

Nothing unusual about having movies with the same name, but different years (or even the same year). Kodi is perfectly capable of handling that. It is more likely you have not named the files correctly.

Provide the link to the movies and also show us how you have named the files and folders for the two movies.

FYI... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate Named Videos0