NFS share network drive help ubuntu
I'm under some time constraints here, I looked up a bit of info and tried some stuff but can't seem to get it. I'm semi-familiar with SMB, but not NFS. I installed nfs-kernel-server and it's running, I'm running KODIBUNTU updated to 18.04 and Kodi 18 leia. The IP for the NFS server NUC is 10.1.1.125, which I also run KODIBUNTU on as stated. 

I was hoping some more linux savy folk could help me really quick to setup an NFS share (I want to share to a kodi install on ubuntu 18 and an xbox one x)

Kodibuntu 18.04 IP - 10.1.1.125
Xbox One X IP - 10.1.1.129

Here's a photo of the mounted USB drive connected to the router //10.1.1.111/XiaoMi-usb0 mounted on /media/plex for my plex shares.

https://ibb.co/Y2cZKMS

I've put some info in the /etc/exports file to just test, but no dice. I can see the NFS share in Kodi (nfs://10.1.1.125) but when I try to access it says could not connect to network server.

https://ibb.co/vHP23SQ
https://ibb.co/jT0jk4c

Could someone please tell me what to put into the /etc/exports file to share the whole network drive //10.1.1.111/XiaoMi-usb0 to IPs 10.1.1.125 and 10.1.1.129? I would really appreciate it.. sorry guys.
There is no official KodiBuntu 18.04... KodiBuntu's last release had Ubuntu 14.04 on it. So I'm guessing you simply upgraded the machine to Ubuntu 18.04?

This is what I have on one of my Ubuntu servers:
/media/disks/somedrive 192.168.1.0/24(rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)

anonuid/anongid=1000 => Default user/group on my server. These two parameters are optional.

You'll need to adjust the IP address/range according to your network setup of course.
(2019-03-11, 01:45)Klojum Wrote: There is no official KodiBuntu 18.04... KodiBuntu's last release had Ubuntu 14.04 on it. So I'm guessing you simply upgraded the machine to Ubuntu 18.04?

This is what I have on one of my Ubuntu servers:
/media/disks/somedrive 192.168.1.0/24(rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)

anonuid/anongid=1000 => Default user/group on my server. These two parameters are optional.

You'll need to adjust the IP address/range according to your network setup of course.
Thanks, yes I updated Ubuntu to 18.04. Also, I'm having an issue with the scrapper. It's pulling wrong info. I have the show Entourage on there, all 8 seasons.. using the usual the movie database pulls 1 season of angry birds info only on Xbox hah.. any clue? It pulls the same files correctly on Linux/android though. Thanks for your time.
(2019-03-11, 04:41)NFSSHARE Wrote: I'm having an issue with the scrapper. It's pulling wrong info.
First things first...
(2019-03-11, 08:48)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-03-11, 04:41)NFSSHARE Wrote: I'm having an issue with the scrapper. It's pulling wrong info.
First things first.
I've been using this since '04 over a ton of different hardware, but haven't run into scrappers pulling completely wrong info for only 1 season out of 8. Entourage is definitely not spelled angry birds, obviously it's the Xbox version. I probably just won't use it as my OLED55E8PUA runs Plex much better and saves power. NFS is useless (and outdated) outside Xbox version. Cheers. You can delete this thread and this account. Thanks
(2019-03-11, 01:11)NFSSHARE Wrote: Could someone please tell me what to put into the /etc/exports file to share the whole network drive //10.1.1.111/XiaoMi-usb0 to IPs 10.1.1.125 and 10.1.1.129? I would really appreciate it.. sorry guys.
 I wouldn't share the USB stick over NFS, but the directory it "lives" in so that unplugging the USB drive means the directory is still there but empty.

nb: try showmount -e 10.1.1.125 to examine the shares on that IP.  However, I'm confused as you're talking about a NUC then a USB pen, so you'll need to specify which is the server and which are the clients.
Quote:I've been using this since '04 over a ton of different hardware, but haven't run into scrappers pulling completely wrong info ..
Hi,
in v18 the default scrapper for tv shows is TheMovieDB, not TheTVDB. At first I didn't se any difference, but for some tv shows TheMovieDB gets incomplete results, some are missing and for some the results are completly wrong.
Try to change to TheTVDB.
The TVDB scraper is a mess for different/other reasons. There is a reason why Kodi now uses TheMovieDB for scraping TV shows.
Ok, but then there is much work to do. Probably many shows are incomplete or missing. I'll try to add those I've got (they are not many, but especially one show with many episodes ...).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS share network drive help ubuntu0