Power On/Off Button
When I had a PC running OpenElec, when I clicked the POWER button on the remote, it shut off the PC which also shut off the TV. The PC had a Flirc Streacom installed, very handy.

I switched to a Beelink GT1 Ultimate, and with my Sony Bravia (10yrs old) I pressed the POWER button, the box turned on and about 5sec later the TV turned on. Press the POWER button again, and absolutely nothing on either the Beelink or TV or KODI. Using the universal or original remote. I assume because after the Beelink turns on and boots to CoreElec on the SD card, the POWER button no longer works the same.

I switch to a TCL 6-Series 55" yesterday and now, I turn on the Beelink... and it goes on, that's all. When in Kodi and I go to shutdown, it turns off the Beelink, and the TV stays on asking if the source is still powered on/connected.

Sounds like a few issues... hardware and software. Hoping someone has some insight about

1 - Press POWER and it powers off the system instead of having to navigate to the power option on screen and click power off.
2 - When system shuts down, the TV shuts down. TCL TV so far is very nice.... but the manual kinda blows.
3 - Press POWER on and everything turns on like it did when the old SONY was attached. Didn't even need to program that, the TV just did it, assuming gotta be a way on a newer one.

Wasn't sure which forum area to post this in, figured other OS made sense since using CoreElec and Roku. Thanks
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
The last two possibly relate to CEC (wiki) - if it is there are settings options that you can use to tweak things.

For the first, that's probably a question for the CoreElec forum.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Too many names and acronyms these days. Big Grin

CEC... Kodi input settings, makes sense... I'll check it out when I get home. After I hug my new big TV. Big Grin

Nice to have blacks again. The SONY after all these years, in order to see all the details, it was cranked up in brightness and such so much that it was getting all grey and washed out. Still, despite the age and the grey, it was a good TV. The TCL is the first non-Sony TV I've owned since... wow... I have ever only owned Sony. 32" Trinitron was my first TV and lasted 15yrs and worked when I sold it.  TCL has some big shoes to fill.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Seemed to fix it... still need to program a power button to power off with but, when Kodi shuts down, TV goes off, when the box turns on, after a 10sec delay the TV comes on, which makes sense, I gather needs to boot up first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power On/Off Button0