First time adding music to kodi issues.
"The album art and artist name appears in the library but no files/songs" - well that is unusual. Having tagged using Picard then generally tags should be OK, and the fact that you see albums and artists means tha Kodi as successfully derived these from the tags.

Lots of errors in the log, but most relate to PVR  - I know nothing about that and it doesn't relate to your music issue, but it might be something else you want to pursue (with someone else). I can also see Embly mentioned, another thing I know nothing about but that could be contributing depending on where your music files are located.

Errors like
Code:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/deepcat2/VaultA/MUSIC AND PHOTOS/ KODI MUSIC/10cc/ I’m Not In Love- The Essential 10cc/
imply that Kodi is unable to access the folders that contain the music files. That would explain why nothing is played, but not why Library update dialogs are being dispalyed.

I would expect the songs to be in the library and show when you navigate from artist or album. Do they?

The issue could be about how your media source is mounted or connected to your Linux device. I vaguely remember another user having a similar issue, I'll see if I can find it.

Meanwhile it might be informative to see your sources.xml and MyMusic72.db files, if you can put them somewhere and PM me a link.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First time adding music to kodi issues. - by DaveBlake - 2019-03-13, 19:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time adding music to kodi issues.0