Movies stop playing after a few seconds
I'm using Kodi 18.1 on a Nvidia Shield and streaming movies and tvshows from a Synology nas.
The tvshows and some movies stop playing after a few seconds.
The timer is still running but the screen stays black.

log file
kegedomitu (paste)
Nobody ?  Confused
I'm having the same problem also. All the videos that do this are UHD Blurays (HEVC). On some videos fast forwarding brings up a new frame, but the playback never resumes.

First I though it was my NAS not having enough bandwidth, but the same happens on an external USB drive also.

All the 1080p videos work fine from NAS.
@Jemoke pls. disable audio passthrough and try again / report
I can reproduce my issue with Windows KODI and nVidia SHIELD KODI (newest version). Shield version just hangs but the Windows version crashes.

I have the log files and a crash dump file from the Windows version. Can I send them to a KODI staff member (I don't want to post them as public)?
@kor_  pls. open a new forum thread for your issue (including the above mentiond logs)
IMO your and OP's issues are too different
I turned off hardware acceleration tried to play again but that didn't help. After i turned hardware accelaration on again i can watch everything.
(2019-03-23, 13:59)Jemoke Wrote: I turned off hardware acceleration tried to play again but that didn't help. After i turned hardware accelaration on again i can watch everything.
 You were asked to disable audio passthrough not hw acceleration. So please turn off passthrough.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies stop playing after a few seconds0