v18 Problem Setting Focus on a Control in a WindowXmlDialog
It has come to my attention that "=11.0ptadding listitems to the built-in container will only work for windows and no longer for dialogs" under V18.
But I'm also finding out that I cannot set focus on a list control in a WindowXmlDialog.

I don't get an error but the focus never changes to the list control.
When I use web-pdb to debug my addon and run the function self.getFocusId(), the result comes back as zero instead of the ID of the list control.

It had been suggested that I do the following:
Python:

self.list = self.getControl(ListControl_ID)
self.list.setFocusId(ListControl_ID)

That suggestion does not work and in fact gives me the following error:
Quote:AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.ControlList' object has no attribute 'setFocusId'

So my question is, what procedure should I use under V18, to set focus on my list control?
Under V17.6, I have no problem setting focus on the list control.
yup, my initial suggestion was incorrect.
it should be self.setFocusId(ListControl_ID)

in case it doesn't work, you may need to add some sleep between adding listitems to the container and setting focus.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie
My code originally slept for 100 ms but I changed it to 1000 ms and it did not solve the problem.
I've even tried using Web-Pdb to halt execution to check whether or not focus has taken place inside the onAction function which I triggered by pressing the Down Arrow button on my remote.
Executing self.getFocusId() inside Web-Pdb returned zero as its value. I then manually ran the self.setFocusId(50) while in Web-Pdb followed by self.getFocusId() function and it still returned a value of zero.

I have another dialog that makes a button the default control and there's no problem with it under Leia.
I'm only having a focusing problem with the list control.

So as an experiment, I changed the default control to my dialog exit button (ID=20) in my xml file.
In my addon onInit function, I changed the code to self.setFocusId(20).
When I ran it, I saw the exit button highlighted. I then clicked the exit button so that Web-Pdb would halt execution in the onAction function.
I manually executed self.getFocusId() while in Web-Pdb and it returned the value 20 which is the ID of the exit button.

As a result of the above test, I'm convinced that we're dealing with a bug that prevents the list control from achieving focus.
can you try what happens if you give your list another id? like 800 or something...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You Are The Man!
Thank you, it's working now.

Is there a list of control IDs we should not use in our Addons?
If so, can you provide a link to them.

Thanks
perhaps 50 is the only one you can't use.. i'm not really sure.
there's a lot of id's used internally by kodi, mostly in the 1-100 range, but it should not really be an issue to re-use them in your addon as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Setting Focus on a Control in a WindowXmlDialog0