Apple TV 4 Live TV with TVheadend - Video slow motion - Audio Ok
Bug 
Hi,

I just installed Kodi (kodi-20180227-4a25e62-yab-tvos) on my Apple TV 4 (tvOS 12.1) with Impactor.

The video of any of my TVHeadend channels is in slow motion (but the sound is ok).
But with the same TVheadend server/user_profile everything works well with MrMC.

Also, a video with the Youtube Addon on Kodi woks well.

I tried to disable hardware acceleration and switch between resolution/frequency on the Apple TV settings but I sill have this issue.

Thank you!

Edit: Log : https://paste.kodi.tv/ekexivenuf
More informations:

This slow motion happen on H264 - MPEG-4 AVC 1920x1080 channels (TNT HD France DVB-T).

But I have a channel in H264 - MPEG-4 AVC 720x568 (France info channel) and the video is fine with this channel.

Edit: I't partiality solved by settings "Deinterlace method" to Off. But now the video quality is strange ; I see a lot of "lines" each time something move in the video.
That’s how interlaced content looks like without de interlacing.
Interlaced content is not compatible with the iOS hardware decoder.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you Memphiz for your reply.
I will try to adjust TVHeadend on my server in order to let it de-interlacing.

If it works I will post here the TVHeadend configuration.
Hi Memphiz,
From what I understand the only option to deinterlace from TVHeadend is to transcode the video stream ; but my backend is not power enough to do that.

Just if you can enlighten me on one point ; From what I understand, with Kodi on Apple TV we have HW decoding on 1080p h.264 streams but not on 1080i h.264 streams?
But when I try MrMC, I have out of the box my 1080i live TV channels deinterlaced and everything works well. I suppose that MrMC does SW decoding here? Or at least for the deinterlace process?

Why I cannot use Kodi like MrMC on my Apple TV?

Thank you!
Because mrmc is developed and supported and Kodi for AppleTV4 is not.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you for your clarification,

Just exchange my Apple TV 4 with an Apple TV 4K.
Installed Kodi with your test-builds deb file.

Now everything works great with 1080i Live TV streams ; the CPU is power enough to deinterlace!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 Live TV with TVheadend - Video slow motion - Audio Ok0