Disable chapter markers
I asked this question in the Linux sub-forums since I'm running LibreELEC/CoreELEC, but I got no replies. I hope it's not against the rules to ask again here.

Is there a way to force KODI to ignore chapter makers in video files? I'm used to seeking a set amount through videos and some videos with chapter markers won't allow it to work the way I expect it.
How are you seeking in your videos?  For keyboard, the keys [ and ] should give you +/- 10 mins skip.  If you are using up and down, you need to create a new keymap.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks for the reply. Pressing left and right works as expected even when chapter markers are present. The problem is when I press up and down for a longer seek KODI will jump to the chapter markers instead of the skip amount set in advancedsettings.xml

These are the two lines that set the skip size:

<timeseekforwardbig>60</timeseekforwardbig>
        <timeseekbackwardbig>-60</timeseekbackwardbig>

Normally if I press up or down it skips 60 seconds, but if there's a chapter marker then it jumps to that instead. This is what I'm trying to disable.
Suggest doing a keymap for Fullscreenvideo with up key set to Seek(60) and down key Seek(-60).  Looks like this:
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
        <up>Seek(60)</up>
        <down>Seek(-60)</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-03-16, 02:28)scott967 Wrote: Suggest doing a keymap for Fullscreenvideo with up key set to Seek(60) and down key Seek(-60).  Looks like this:
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
        <up>Seek(60)</up>
        <down>Seek(-60)</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

scott s.

That works! Thanks for the help, and sorry for the late reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable chapter markers0