Solved Problem with MariaDB on Synology DS1513+
Hello,

I have Synology DS1513+ with database MariaDB 10. If I start phpMyAdmin, so I log on to the database without any problems. Here I have user kodi with All Privileges.

If I started Kodi  18.1. on Windows 10, all is OK. Kodi startet about 1 second.
If I create file advancedsettings.xml with this code: kodi starts 30 seconds.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.xxx</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>xxxx</pass>
  </videodatabase> 
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

When I add a source with my media (film) on NAS, no database is created. I only have an added source. I see only a directory structure from which I can run media.

When I delete a file advancedsettings.xml and I run Kodi again and add a source, the database starts to be created.

Can anyone advise me where there might be a problem? Or where can I find the log, with the problem?

Thank you.
Jaroslav
Enable debugging in Kodi, and also activate the Database Component. Restart Kodi, reproduce the problem(s), and provide us the Kodi debug log (wiki) so we can see some internals at work.

Databases are only created at the start/boot of Kodi. Not somewhere in between when Kodi is already full at work.
Hi Klojum,

I enable debugging in Kodi. I also activate the Database Component. Kill the Kodi. Add advancedsettings  file and start Kodi.
In Movies I Set content.

Here is LOG: https://paste.kodi.tv/eqevibosic.kodi

Thanks.
In the LOG now I see this: Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.125' (10061).

From My PC where I have instaled Kodi, I have run phpMyAdmin and All is OK.
http://192.168.1.125/phpMyAdmin/
I found it. MariaDB runs me on another port.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with MariaDB on Synology DS1513+0