Which hardware player I can buy for install kodi with 4k TV?
Hi, I was using Raspberry PI for play 1080p video on my network without problems but now I have new 4k TV and I would like to have product similar to Raspberry but I tried two Android players 4k with Kodi about 60 € and not work good. The plaerys are only lan 100Mb, the problem not is my network (I can play video from the TV with Plex and DLNA without problems).

Can you recommend any hardware for I can install Kodi directly and not have problems? 

Regards
Thread moved to the hardware section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-15, 01:35)javierc Wrote: but I tried two Android players 4k with Kodi about 60 € and not work good. The players are only lan 100Mb, the problem not is my network (I can play video from the TV with Plex and DLNA without problems).

Can you recommend any hardware for I can install Kodi directly and not have problems? 

Regards

If these Android devices have AMLogic S9xx series chipsets, buy a Samsung EVO microSDHC (& SD adapter) and flash CoreELEC Kodi Leia (click) on to them.

High bitrate 4K Bluray Rips need Gigabit Ethernet. If your media player only has 100Mb then a USB3 > Gigabit adapter can help a lot, such as the popular Ugreen USB3 > Gigabit Adapter/USB Hubs.

There is also this thread to research (follow the top links):

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (click)

I had a Core2Quad for a long time, and worked great but big, loud, lots of power etc... and when upgrading someone suggested a cheap Android box because has an x265 decoder built in and does 4K. Basically, on my old PC running LibreElec, 4k X265 stuttered like crazy. Everthing else was perfectly fine.

I bought a Beelink GT1 Ultimate, and a 32GB Samsung SD card which I loaded CoreElec onto and I bypass Android and just boot direct to CoreElec. It's a stripped down OS, with KODI nothing else. Works great. LibreElec is the same thing, just CoreElec is designed for some Android boxes, I think just S912 chipsets.

Started off as a cheap $50 upgrade, then people said 1Gb is too small for ram, need 2, better for 3... best stick with a brand name... makes sure it has this that and the other.... Beelink had a website, available forum and firmware updates so I went with it, because some brands I could find nothing for them, which means good luck with updates and support.

Just upgraded my TV as well, and first thing I did was grab a 40GB file of Infinity War. x265, 4k and 10bit colour not 8-bit... running off my server with ethernet cable and smooth and stutter free. Off WiFi, seemed ok as well, but didn't do a lot of testing with that.

Beelink on sale now on Amazon (Canada) and if any left on pay day, I'm buying another to replace an even older QuadCore in the living room. 

Smaller, less power, no fans or drives running so it's so much quieter watching TV now.

Not sure what your budget it, but, hopefully that helps. I assumed an Android box was Android and Kodi installed as an app, but, cheap 16GB SD card is all you need and just bypass the Android completely. Boots right to Kodi.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2019-03-20, 21:39)THRobinson Wrote: What dtb tree did you use for tI had a Core2Quad for a long time, and worked great but big, loud, lots of power etc... and when upgrading someone suggested a cheap Android box because has an x265 decoder built in and does 4K. Basically, on my old PC running LibreElec, 4k X265 stuttered like crazy. Everthing else was perfectly fine.

I bought a Beelink GT1 Ultimate, and a 32GB Samsung SD card which I loaded CoreElec onto and I bypass Android and just boot direct to CoreElec. It's a stripped down OS, with KODI nothing else. Works great. LibreElec is the same thing, just CoreElec is designed for some Android boxes, I think just S912 chipsets.

Started off as a cheap $50 upgrade, then people said 1Gb is too small for ram, need 2, better for 3... best stick with a brand name... makes sure it has this that and the other.... Beelink had a website, available forum and firmware updates so I went with it, because some brands I could find nothing for them, which means good luck with updates and support.

Just upgraded my TV as well, and first thing I did was grab a 40GB file of Infinity War. x265, 4k and 10bit colour not 8-bit... running off my server with ethernet cable and smooth and stutter free. Off WiFi, seemed ok as well, but didn't do a lot of testing with that.

Beelink on sale now on Amazon (Canada) and if any left on pay day, I'm buying another to replace an even older QuadCore in the living room. 

Smaller, less power, no fans or drives running so it's so much quieter watching TV now.

Not sure what your budget it, but, hopefully that helps. I assumed an Android box was Android and Kodi installed as an app, but, cheap 16GB SD card is all you need and just bypass the Android completely. Boots right to Kodi.
What dtb tree did you use for your Beelink box or what dtb you would use on this box please?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J...UTF8&psc=1
(2019-04-07, 16:27)calisto Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 21:39)THRobinson Wrote: What dtb tree did you use for tI had a Core2Quad for a long time, and worked great but big, loud, lots of power etc... and when upgrading someone suggested a cheap Android box because has an x265 decoder built in and does 4K. Basically, on my old PC running LibreElec, 4k X265 stuttered like crazy. Everthing else was perfectly fine.

What dtb tree did you use for your Beelink box or what dtb you would use on this box please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsCzsMb7AWY&t=208s
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2019-04-07, 17:06)THRobinson Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 16:27)calisto Wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsCzsMb7AWY&t=208s 
Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which hardware player I can buy for install kodi with 4k TV?0