Is this something that requires reinstall or not?
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/GjGN26xjFq/

Thanks Smile
@tinkerer416 - it's certainly something that requires you to actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted when you signed up here, because your device is currently in violation of them.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok thanks I was unaware of the infraction and will go ahead and read the rules.  But just so I know why does a kodi forum care about what I choose to do with my own system if I'm going to get help from someone?  I assume the liability would always basically not land on anyone else other than myself for the illegalities.

I do apologize for displaying contempt for the rules/legality.

Just want to fix my kodi, and thought someone might explain how to turn off some of these "illegal" things since I don't actually need or want them on kodi anyways, since I have my own multimedia server with media on it that is all I want to access from kodi in the future.
How might I go about removing the banned stuff?
I mean since I can't launch kodi how do I remove these repositories:  ExodusRedux and Incursion and then I can try again and post back?
Since many of those 'fine' repositories and add-ons also install additional supporting modules with questionable content, it's simply best to start clean with a new Kodi profile.

You can simply exit Kodi, and delete the .kodi folder in your home folder, and then restart Kodi to create a new profile folder.
This does make sense, although I just went ahead and removed everything that pertained to the two repositories in question and have a new log.

However I did try as another user and it did work, so I guess if there is no quick fix then I will do that.

When building a new profile I guess the idea would be if you want to load the profile settings to have them previously backed up and then import them.  Is that correct?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/DqfQzT8Vzn
Thanks for the help where this problem did arise I was trying on my multihead display to make changes to the window management.  I think you are pretty accurate about removing the old and replacing with new profile!  Thanks again.
Finally, would someone possibly be able to comment on the values here and maybe something is not correctly working with the situation of my desktop session...

<videoscreen>
        <blankdisplays>true</blankdisplays>
        <cms3dlut default="true"></cms3dlut>
        <cmsenabled default="true">false</cmsenabled>
        <cmsgamma default="true">220</cmsgamma>
        <cmsgammamode default="true">0</cmsgammamode>
        <cmslutsize default="true">6</cmslutsize>
        <cmsmode default="true">0</cmsmode>
        <cmsprimaries default="true">0</cmsprimaries>
        <cmswhitepoint default="true">0</cmswhitepoint>
        <delayrefreshchange default="true">0</delayrefreshchange>
        <displayprofile default="true"></displayprofile>
        <dither default="true">false</dither>
        <ditherdepth default="true">8</ditherdepth>
        <fakefullscreen default="true">true</fakefullscreen>
        <limitedrange default="true">false</limitedrange>
        <monitor>eDP-1</monitor>
        <noofbuffers default="true">3</noofbuffers>
        <preferedstereoscopicmode default="true">100</preferedstereoscopicmode>
        <resolution>15</resolution>
        <screen default="true">0</screen>
        <screenmode>WINDOW</screenmode>
        <stereoscopicmode default="true">0</stereoscopicmode>
    </videoscreen>
Nevermind made the changes to this setting and its better now

Also there was another weirdness in the section when I compared between two profiles...seems like this may have been contributing to the problem...but I'm not too sure.

Bottom line it is fixed, and I learned something too about how to make use of Kodi without banned repositories...that sounds much better anyway.

<window>   <<-- FROM MY PROFILE -->       <window>  <<-- FROM ANOTHER WORKING PROFILE -->
        <height>63356</height>                      |            <height default="true">480</height>
        <width>1916</width>                      |            <width default="true">720</width>
    </window>
I don't know how this topic when from "removing banned add-ons" to "window desktop settings... I must have blinked one time too many.

If Kodi's default settings are not to your liking, simply change them. Kodi works fine for me on a multi-monitor setup in Ubuntu Linux, windowed or full-screen. I have used Kodi on Linux for several years, and XBMC before that. I honestly never looked at such <videoscreen> parameters in whatever file they are.
(2019-03-16, 00:31)tinkerer416 Wrote: why does a kodi forum care about what I choose to do with my own system if I'm going to get help from someone?
Why should someone on this forum help you when you're using your system in a way that actively goes against the ethics and values of those that run this forum?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this something that requires reinstall or not?0