Sound issue with blu-ray disc that switches from AC3 2.0 to DTS-HD MA 2.0
Setup: Kodi 18.1, Win10x64 1803, ATI Radeon 7970 (18.1 drivers), Pioneer VSX-933 receiver. Latest JRE8 installed tonight. AnyDVDHD v7695.

DTS Passthrough works fine. Confirmed with the UK Guardians of the Galaxy Vol1 BluRay which works fine with full surround in both Kodi and VLC.

The issue I'm having is with the US Nadia: Secret of Blue water bluray. It works fine in VLC, but it Kodi behaves strangely.

If you play the disc using the menus. You get a trailer which is in English AC3 2.0, then a menu where you can switch between English or Japanese DTS HD MA 2.0. No matter which you pick you will get no sound, but Kodi will think it's playing English. If you change the audio track then after 1 or 2 seconds you will finally get sound. Every time you switch audio track you'll get a few seconds of silence.

If you play the disc ignoring the menus, and go straight to the show itself, you get sound instantly, and also switching between English and Japanese takes effect instantly.

My theory is therefore that playing that AC3 trailer does something that makes DTS behave weirdly. Either that or the disc menus are causing something weird to happen.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound issue with blu-ray disc that switches from AC3 2.0 to DTS-HD MA 2.00