Fire Stick 4k Video Lag
Hi, hope this is the right forum.

Just got a 2018 Fire TV 4k Stick and had some bad experiences. It worked for general video but with some files I had a terrible time.
Playback was stuttery, slowed down at times and the audio cut out. Used the latest Kodi 18.2 nightly 

File information is here : https://paste.kodi.tv/zudukoqeci

Is there a way to fix playback? If not what sort of hardware would i need for fluentish playback?

Appreciate any advice
"High 10" is a non-standard profile that nothing decodes in hardware.
(2019-03-17, 04:37)Luke M Wrote: "High 10" is a non-standard profile that nothing decodes in hardware.

Yes it is non standard...
Actually you will find the Rockchip - RK32328 / RK3399 does hardware decode 10bit H264/AVC aka Hi10P Anime. Smile

(2019-03-16, 07:33)Stuckib Wrote: Hi, hope this is the right forum.

Just got a 2018 Fire TV 4k Stick and had some bad experiences. It worked for general video but with some files I had a terrible time.
Playback was stuttery, slowed down at times and the audio cut out. Used the latest Kodi 18.2 nightly 

File information is here : https://paste.kodi.tv/zudukoqeci

Is there a way to fix playback? If not what sort of hardware would i need for fluentish playback?

Appreciate any advice

One other option is to transcode to an 8-bit h.264 format prior to playback. if it's only a small number of files, this may be less hassle than replacing your hardware.  It's my approach for playback of high quality 4:2:2 10-bit content that cheap hardware won't be able to decode. (I just leave a batch convert running overnight or during the day when I'm at work)
Thanks for the answers !
Bummer that it's no easy fix ( i'm not that technically adept haha ). 

Is stuff like RK32328 android boxes a viable alternative to the fire stick? don't really need netflix.

Anyways just glad nothing's broken
I've got a firestick 4k and I have reverted back to a raspberry pi 3 as I can't stand the audio sync issues. I don't need 4k so it's ideal. If ya need 4k playback get an amlogic s912 device with gigabit lan and run coreelec from usb stick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire Stick 4k Video Lag0