Video calibration settings location when using multiple profiles
I'm having a problem with video calibration settings not being saved and/or restored when changing profiles on a multi-profile 18.1 installation.

As I understand, video calibration settings are saved in ~/userdata/guisettings.xml when not using profiles, and I have taken notice that there is an equivalent file per profile at ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/<profile>/guisettings.xml.

But where are the video calibration settings for the profile selection screen stored?

When choosing a profile, are calibration settings supposed to be re-applied from the profile's own ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/<profile>/guisettings.xml?

I've even edited both of those files (with Kodi stopped of course so that it doesn't overwrite my changes) and changed every <resolution> section to have <left> and <top> offsets and still none of them are applied when I go into a profile.
(2019-03-16, 20:58)shred00 Wrote: 'm having a problem with video calibration settings not being saved and/or restored when changing profiles on a multi-profile 18.1 installation.

known issue:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/14700

and already fixed in Kodi nightly builds. Will get into 18.2.

Every profile has it's own guisettings.xml in its own <profilename>-folder where those settings are stored. As you are facing an issue with that, you could simply add the specific entries manually to that file for each profile (in case you don't want to use the nightlies)

The other way around and there's question I have to ask for that....

Why do you need that? I suspect an overscan problem, true? Every FullHD TV from the last 10 years is capable of displaying 1920*1080 natively. If the Kodi GUI on your TV is bigger than the screen, then that's called an "overscan" problem and that should be solved at your TV and not inside Kodi. Take a look at your manual or tell me the exact model of your TV and I'll search for it. Using the calibration inside Kodi should only be your very last resort if nothing else helps because it's a digitally resized picture in the end which will cause a lost of native resolution. And as long as you can avoid using that, you should avoid that.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video calibration settings location when using multiple profiles0