Cannot Remote Control Via Webserver on Wireless LAN
hello.
I am running Kodi 17.1 on Debian 9.
Using either Kore or Yatse I can setup a remote control connection using the Kodi webserver, when I connect my laptop with a wire to the router.
When I connect to my wireless home network, neither Kore nor Yatse detects my Kodi server. I tried manual setup, using different ports, with no avail.
I have looked around my router's configuration but am clueless as to what exactly I should do.
Please help.
thank you,
Your IP address will not be the same on the two different connections.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
> Your IP address will not be the same on the two different connections.

Yes, I know this. I am aware. Wehn setting up my Android app, I tried adding a new host, that has a different IP address.
thanks for your reply, any other ideas?
(2019-03-17, 23:30)afduggirala Wrote: any other ideas?

yes
(2019-03-17, 03:09)afduggirala Wrote: I am running Kodi 17.1 on Debian 9.

Update to a more recent Kodi version. Kodi 17.1 is outdated since 21 May 2017 as we released Kodi 17.2

Otherwise make sure you are on the same network while you are at the wireless network. Also make sure which IP the Kodi device has and change the settings at the app accordingly matching to the IP the Kodi device has.

If it's the same network (and if it's not some kind of guest wifi) and if the IPs match, then communication should be possible. See if you are able to reach the webserver by using a browser while you are at the wireless connection.
(2019-03-17, 03:09)afduggirala Wrote: hello.
I am running Kodi 17.1 on Debian 9.
Using either Kore or Yatse I can setup a remote control connection using the Kodi webserver, when I connect my laptop with a wire to the router.
When I connect to my wireless home network, neither Kore nor Yatse detects my Kodi server. I tried manual setup, using different ports, with no avail.
I have looked around my router's configuration but am clueless as to what exactly I should do.
Please help.
thank you,
Is the Kodi server wired, or is this the one that's wireless?

It's not clear what device you're referring to "When I connect to my wireless home network".
Please help.  MOD removed spam links

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Remote Control Via Webserver on Wireless LAN0