Added Movies/Films OK - Where Do I Put Stand-Up Comedy DVDs?
Just installed Kodi on Windows 10 last night and starting to add my collection to it.  I've added all my films and they are showing up OK, I've then got to add all my UK TV Series's to it but I also have a lot of Stand-Up Comedy DVDs to add - which section do I put them under or can I create a seperate one so it lists along side Movies and TV Shows etc?  As stand-up comedy is not a TV Show nor a Film/Movie I'm unsure where to put them so they will be correctly recognised so I'd like to know where you guys have successfully put yours?

Thanks.

Cool
(2019-03-17, 12:45)v3xtr0n Wrote: I also have a lot of Stand-Up Comedy DVDs to add - which section do I put them under
It depends on how the scraper site has treated them. Search for the titles here... https://www.themoviedb.org/ and check whether they are treated as a Movie or TV Show.

If the titles are not listed, then you will need to use NFO files (wiki) to add them into the library.

(2019-03-17, 12:45)v3xtr0n Wrote: can I create a seperate one so it lists along side Movies and TV Shows etc
You can add a new main menu item using Custom home items (wiki) but the basis is still either Movies or TV Shows.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the quick reply!

Looks like they're being classed as Movies.

If I add a new main menu item and point it to the a 'Movies' folder with just my Stand-Up Comedy DVDs in it, am I right in saying it will just show the Stand-Up comedy DVDs and not my actual Films/Movies - in other words it wont automatically lump them altogether?
This is one of the most difficult areas of my collection, solved by using the 'path' rule in smart playlists and it's own source folder with cobbled together custom .nfo But if I had to do it again (which I might) would be to use the 'Tag' function and base a Node around a sub category of Comedy.  To work regardless, everything still needs to be scanned into the library and as Karellen pointed out Custom home items (wiki) is the place to start. If you still want to keep the videos in disk format, then you'll be looking at stub files Media stubs (wiki)

If you've gotten this far, you're a devoted librarian Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Added Movies/Films OK - Where Do I Put Stand-Up Comedy DVDs?0