Separate movies with "Part 1" and "Part 2" in the titles?
My example for this is Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. MovieDB titles the two movies as "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1" and "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2" but naming the files this causes Kodi to merge the two into one movie. Is there a way of separating the two?
(2019-03-17, 12:45)Carter0108 Wrote: Part 1
Do you have the space between "Part" and "1", "2"? If not, then Kodi will see it as file stacking... (wiki)

Check that you have setting 2.1 disabled... Combine split video items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes I have got a space between in "Part 1" and I also have the setting enabled to combine split files because there are some movies in my collection that were on multiple discs.
I cannot replicate the problem. With that setting enabled and your naming as described in the first post, I have two separate entries...

Provide the following...
1. Screenshot of your folder and files for the two movies. Make sure we can clearly see the path and files
2. Debug Log capturing the scraping of the two movies... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2665079
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
When a movie shows it is 3 hours long or longer and the movie only plays half of the move and the says "to be continued" where do I go to get Kodi to play the whole 3 hours? Is there a option that needs to be toggled or a simple add-on to allow a long movie to continue playing?
Sorry @Endwarrior2002 but I really don't understand your question.

Where does it show it is 3 hours long?
Where is the movie coming from?
My Signature
(2019-03-29, 08:27)Endwarrior2002 Wrote: When a movie shows it is 3 hours long or longer and the movie only plays half of the move and the says "to be continued" where do I go to get Kodi to play the whole 3 hours? Is there a option that needs to be toggled or a simple add-on to allow a long movie to continue playing?

Since we are in a thread discussing files Part 1 and Part 2 in title, I can only assume you mean the case of a film like the Lord of the Rings ones which were split across 2 DVD's so when ripping you end up with 2 files for a single movie. For these cases use File stacking as described in https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ideo_Files

If you mean something else, then please give a more detailed description as requested by Karellen, as all we can do is attempt to guess based on the little info your post.
Made a separate thread on your question

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3074880

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate movies with "Part 1" and "Part 2" in the titles?0