• 18(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-04-19, 00:05)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 22:10)eljejer Wrote: Hello fellow users of Amber :-)
I'm running into a problem with the Artist Slideshow not showing anything when playing music. Switching to Estuary, and the fanart is shown.
What can I do? Are you experiencing it as well?
I attach the log file here for anyone maybe seeing a clue there...

@eljejer , I tried Artist Slideshow (turning on  the  setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced, Use Artist Slideshow for Fanart), and it worked fine for me.  I can't tell from your log what might be wrong.  Maybe Estuary has the fanart from Artist Slideshow enabled by default, and in Amber you have to enable the setting? 

Regards,

Bart
Hello Bart, yes the relevant setting is enabled in the Amber settings...
@bsoriano - I just wanted to ask if you have any plans at some point to implement skin.helper for the TV how and Move widgets? It would be cool to see this skin using that feature as it does with the Next Airing Episodes.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2019-04-21, 21:48)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I just wanted to ask if you have any plans at some point to implement skin.helper for the TV how and Move widgets? It would be cool to see this skin using that feature as it does with the Next Airing Episodes.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I do! When I complete the rewrite of the menu system using script.skinshortcuts, you will be able to select up to 6 widgets for each menu item, from all of the addons that provide sources for widgets, including all that skin.helper.service provides.  However, I do not have an ETA at this time.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-21, 21:57)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-21, 21:48)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I just wanted to ask if you have any plans at some point to implement skin.helper for the TV how and Move widgets? It would be cool to see this skin using that feature as it does with the Next Airing Episodes.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I do! When I complete the rewrite of the menu system using script.skinshortcuts, you will be able to select up to 6 widgets for each menu item, from all of the addons that provide sources for widgets, including all that skin.helper.service provides.  However, I do not have an ETA at this time.

Regards,

Bart 
Fantastic! Glad to hear that.

Shedrock
Hello all,

New version on Git.  The main changes are:

1. Option to hide the second label from List views.  This provides more space for the titles in List views.  To compensate for the lack of information on the list items if you enable this option, there is additional information on the panel (middle section) of the List views.
  • The new option can be enabled in Settings, Amber Settings, General, Hide Second Label in List Views

2. New Search functionality without addons (thanks to @sualfred and @jurialmunkey  for their ideas and allowing me to adapt their code).  This search is really fast, even with large collections.
  • You decide whether to have this functionality enabled or not.  If you prefer Global Search, enable Global Search in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced.  if you do this, the Search menu item will invoke Global Search like it did before

• If you prefer the new functionality, disable Global Search in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced (note that you can still run the Global Search addon directly).  In this case, the Search menu item will invoke the new functionality:

• A dialog will popup asking you to enter the search term you want
  • The following searches are done and results shown to you in a new window:

1. Movies whose Title contains the search term
  2. TV Shows whose Title contains the search term
  3. Episodes whose Title contains the search term
  4. Movies whose Genre contains the search term
  5. TV Shows whose Genre contains the search term
  6. Movies whose Year contains the search term
  7. TV Shows whose Year contains the search term
  8. Movies whose Studio contains the search term
  9. TV Shows whose Studio contains the search term
  10. Movies whose Country contains the search term
  11. Movies that have an Actor whose Name contains the search term
  12. TV Shows that have an Actor whose Name contains the search term
  13. Movies that the Director's name contains the search term
  14. TV Shows that the Director's name contains the search term
  15. Music Artists whose Name contains the search term
  16. Music Albums whose Title contains the search term
  17. Songs whose Title contains the search term
  18. Music Videos whose Title contains the search term
  19. Music Videos that the Artist's Name contains the search term
  20. YouTube videos whose Title contains the search term

As you can see, this is a pretty powerful search! Smile

Please download this new version, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-21, 22:22)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

1. Option to hide the second label from List views.  This provides more space for the titles in List views.  To compensate for the lack of information on the list items if you enable this option, there is additional information on the panel (middle section) of the List views.
  • The new option can be enabled in Settings, Amber Settings, General, Hide Second Label in List Views

2. New Search functionality without addons (thanks to @sualfred and @jurialmunkey  for their ideas and allowing me to adapt their code).  This search is really fast, even with large collections.
  • You decide whether to have this functionality enabled or not.  If you prefer Global Search, enable Global Search in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced.  if you do this, the Search menu item will invoke Global Search like it did before
  • If you prefer the new functionality, disable Global Search in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced (note that you can still run the Global Search addon directly).  In this case, the Search menu item will invoke the new functionality:

Please download this new version, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
The search feature is awesome, and everything looks to be working fine so far with the latest Git.

I forgot to mention to you a while ago that if yu choose animated icons for the weather, it does not work.

Cheers,

Shedrock
(2019-04-21, 23:05)shedrock Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 
The search feature is awesome, and everything looks to be working fine so far with the latest Git.

I forgot to mention to you a while ago that if yu choose animated icons for the weather, it does not work.

Cheers,

Shedrock

Thanks @shedrock! Smile

I will look into the weather icons issue and let you know.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-21, 23:05)shedrock Wrote:

Regards,

Bart  

Cheers,

Shedrock 

@shedrock , please try the latest from Git.  I think I fixed the weather icons issue.  Please let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - It works like a charm. Thank you very much.

Shedrock
@bsoriano - one practical suggestion. Have you thought about setting up an Alpha (or maybe Beta now) repo for your improvements in Amber?

That way you could just push the changes to your repo, and then anyone who has it installed would get them immediately without having to download from GitHub and install from zip all the time. Might be a simpler way to keep everyone up to speed with all the improvements that are coming out.

Of course anyone who wants a more stable version can just use the one now in the official repo, which should also get periodic updates once you reach various stable milestones in the ongoing improvement work.

It's not something I can advise about in technical detail, but if needed I'm sure other members of the team can support that if you are interested and would need it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-04-22, 10:54)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - one practical suggestion. Have you thought about setting up an Alpha (or maybe Beta now) repo for your improvements in Amber?

That way you could just push the changes to your repo, and then anyone who has it installed would get them immediately without having to download from GitHub and install from zip all the time. Might be a simpler way to keep everyone up to speed with all the improvements that are coming out.

Of course anyone who wants a more stable version can just use the one now in the official repo, which should also get periodic updates once you reach various stable milestones in the ongoing improvement work.

It's not something I can advise about in technical detail, but if needed I'm sure other members of the team can support that if you are interested and would need it.

@DarrenHill, that's a great idea, thank you! I would love to do that. Can you please point me in the direction of someone who might help me out with that? Thank you. My plan is not to update the Kodi repo version until I have completed the menu rewrite.

Also, how can I change the thread title to release instead of alpha? I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - I'll speak to the team and see if I can get someone to help you out (I'm not a coder, so doing it is beyond me personally).

For the latter, go to the first post of the thread and do a full edit (not a quick one). On there you should be able to edit the post title as well as the content itself. The title of the first post is the title of the thread, so changing it will change the thread's title too. That one I can do if you need help, let me know and I can change it for you if needed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-04-22, 11:05)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - I'll speak to the team and see if I can get someone to help you out (I'm not a coder, so doing it is beyond me personally).

For the latter, go to the first post of the thread and do a full edit (not a quick one). On there you should be able to edit the post title as well as the content itself. The title of the first post is the title of the thread, so changing it will change the thread's title too. That one I can do if you need help, let me know and I can change it for you if needed.

Thanks @DarrenHill I changed the title of the thread Smile

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - I think I may have found an issue. Amber Settings > Home Layout, then I disabled TV Shows and Movies. I then used the Empty menu options to re-create TV Shows and Movies, so this way I can get the startup focus on TV Shows, but what I noticed is that even though I selected the TV Shelf for TV Shows and Movie Shelf for Movies, they aren't being displayed. All I see above TV Shows is a (dot) where the shelf should be.

Screenshot:

Also, you may want to consider somewhere down the road to have the highlight bar remember its last positions. For example when I go to Settings > Amber Settings and then come out of it, it should remember the last position as with other skins. I just thought I would mention that to you. It is not biggie.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-04-22, 22:43)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I think I may have found an issue. Amber Settings > Home Layout, then I disabled TV Shows and Movies. I then used the Empty menu options to re-create TV Shows and Movies, so this way I can get the startup focus on TV Shows, but what I noticed is that even though I selected the TV Shelf for TV Shows and Movie Shelf for Movies, they aren't being displayed. All I see above TV Shows is a (dot) where the shelf should be.

Screenshot:

Also, you may want to consider somewhere down the road to have the highlight bar remember its last positions. For example when I go to Settings > Amber Settings and then come out of it, it should remember the last position as with other skins. I just thought I would mention that to you. It is not biggie.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for your feedback. I will look into that part of the code, as I had not tried something like that yet. You have skin shortcuts enabled in Amber settings, correct?

I have noticed also the focus issue you describe, but had not been able to determine a pattern, since the default behavior for a list control is to remember the last focused item. I will check further into that as well.

Regards,

Bart
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5