• 226(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

Thank you for adding this feature -> "Make the shelf popup delay configurable". Man, you made my wife happy. Keep up the great work on this skin.

Regards,

Shedrock
@bsoriano, I noticed a bug with Amber 3.2.147.

I activated Embuary Helper to use in particular the rotation of the fanarts in the background on the home page.

Since Amber update 3.2.147, I noticed that Amber does not remember this activation of Embuary Helper. Every time I quit and restart Kodi, Embuary Helper is disabled in Amber's settings.

Can you fix this bug ?

Thanks in advance.
(2021-08-22, 21:17)leepenny Wrote: Bart think I've found something else when using sets in low list the directors on the right are overlapping the set description.
ImageImage
@leepenny , thanks for pointing this out.  I have already fixed this on GitHub; the fix will be included in the next Amber repo version.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-21, 13:32)leepenny Wrote: BTW thought I'd share how things are looking. Just recently updated to kodi 19 so a lot of changes.
Box set view on amber
Fullscreen playback
And a slight mod to movie list (with discart)
Hope you like it
ImageImageImage
@leepenny , thanks for the ideas! I had already implemented using disc art in the OSD (your second image), and as for the first one, I added an option in fanart view to use disc art instead of thumb (only for albums and songs).  The new option is here:

And it looks like this:

And as for your third image, I added the option to show disc art for list views, on a per view basis, for List, Low List and Tall List view types.  The option is here:

And it can look like this:

These changes are already on GitHub, and will be included in the next Amber repo version.  Once again, thanks for the ideas! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Awesome. Man you are quick I would be there til the end of time trying to do it.
Excellent news, can't wait to try it out.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2021-08-23, 11:57)Cyberdom Wrote: Can you fix this bug ?

@Cyberdom , thanks for pointing this out.  I used Matrix code on Leia that does not work.  I have fixed this on GitHub.  The change will be in the next Amber repo version.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
OK, thank you @bsoriano.

(2021-08-20, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: 2.  Add back Artwork Beef options in the skin.  Since there is a version of Artwork Beef available for Matrix (unofficial, a user kindly ported it to Python 3.  You can find it here: https://github.com/henryjfry/fryhenryj/b...p?raw=true), I have added back the options the skin had for Artwork Beef.  So, there is the option again to have AB context menu additional buttons:

Another thing, I don't use Artwork Beef but is it normal that the line concerning Artwork Beef in "Settings -> General" is not displayed ?
(2021-08-23, 18:29)Cyberdom Wrote: Another thing, I don't use Artwork Beef but is it normal that the line concerning Artwork Beef in "Settings -> General" is not displayed ?

@Cyberdom , yes, it is normal.  That setting will not show up if you do not have Artwork Beef installed.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-23, 18:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-23, 18:29)Cyberdom Wrote: Another thing, I don't use Artwork Beef but is it normal that the line concerning Artwork Beef in "Settings -> General" is not displayed ?

@Cyberdom , yes, it is normal.  That setting will not show up if you do not have Artwork Beef installed.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for confirmation. That is what I thought.
@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

Can I ask a dumb question? Here goes. If I have a backup of my Amber skin Amber Skinbackup (2021-08-23 08.21.41).zip, can I just import that under Matrix? I just have a perfect setup and didn't want to do all that work again.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-23, 20:42)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hey Bart,

Can I ask a dumb question? Here goes. If I have a backup of my Amber skin Amber Skinbackup (2021-08-23 08.21.41).zip, can I just import that under Matrix? I just have a perfect setup and didn't want to do all that work again.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , was the backup done with skin.helper.skinbackup or xbmc backup? Was it done in Leia or Matrix?  As far as I know, you should be able to restore a backup done with skin.helper.skinbackup in Matrix and your menu/submenu/widget configuration, as well as your skin settings, should be carried over.

I just tested this with a portable Matrix 19.1 install, just installed Kodi Matrix 19.1 portable, installed Amber and dependencies (used Amber from GitHub), installed script.skinhelper.skinbackup. I then configured skinbackup to have as the default backup folder the folder where I have my regular Amber backups.  I did a restore from the Amber Backup/Restore settings section, selected the latest backup zip file, and when it finished, I quit Kodi.  I then restarted Kodi, and all of my skin settings and menu/submenu/widget configurations were restored correctly.  I quit and restarted Kodi for good measure, but you do not need to do that after the restore.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.28 (Matrix) and 3.2.148 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights are:

Show Disc Art option for List views, and Use Disc Art option for music albums and songs in Fanart view.  Thank you @leepenny for the ideas for these options.  I explained their use and provided some screenshots in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3056186

I have also fixed bugs that were reported since August 20th, like plot text overlapping director in Low List view, and use of embuary helper being disabled always in Amber for Leia.  I am sure there are other fixes as well.

Please test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-23, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: Was it done in Leia or Matrix?
Under Leia, and with skin.helper.skinbackup. I just imported it in Matrix and it works great.

Thank you,

Shedrock
(2021-08-23, 22:39)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.28 (Matrix) and 3.2.148 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights are:

Show Disc Art option for List views, and Use Disc Art option for music albums and songs in Fanart view.  Thank you @leepenny for the ideas for these options.  I explained their use and provided some screenshots in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3056186

I have also fixed bugs that were reported since August 20th, like plot text overlapping director in Low List view, and use of embuary helper being disabled always in Amber for Leia.  I am sure there are other fixes as well.

Please test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for your speed @bsoriano. The bug with Embuary Helper is fixed. The setting is kept in memory as before.

(2021-08-23, 16:47)bsoriano Wrote: @leepenny , thanks for the ideas! I had already implemented using disc art in the OSD (your second image), and as for the first one, I added an option in fanart view to use disc art instead of thumb (only for albums and songs).  The new option is here:

Here is the translation in French :
Use disc art instead of cover : Utiliser l'illustration de disque au lieu de la pochette
(2021-08-24, 17:36)Cyberdom Wrote: Utiliser l'illustration de disque au lieu de la pochette

Thanks for confirming the fix, and for the translation.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 226(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5