• 241(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
In the Timers item for PVR, where the title of the show should be, it reads "[Color Grey]Title SxxExx [/Color]".

This is from the Amber Repository installed yesterday.

(2021-10-15, 23:29)ixalthim Wrote: In the Timers item for PVR, where the title of the show should be, it reads "[Color Grey]Title SxxExx [/Color]".

@ixalthim , thanks for pointing this out.  I fixed this just now on GitHub (Matrix).  If you are not comfortable downloading/updating from GitHub, please wait a couple of days, as I will be uploading a new version to the Amber repo over the weekend.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-14, 18:27)fsurfer Wrote: Its down to personal requirements, the equipment I use is for business and pleasure, so I have basic demands for my media player GUI not into bells&whistles purely access and the skilled hands of Bart have created the ideal package, with Kodi at the core

@fsurfer , thank you for your kind words! I completely understand.  Hopefully this weekend I will be uploading new versions, for both Matrix and Leia, to the Amber repo.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hi Bart,
                not too sure if this error is coming from you or not but...

2021-10-16 12:24:03.778 T:8412 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogVideoInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2021-10-16 12:24:03.886 T:7460 INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding)
2021-10-16 12:24:04.140 T:8412 ERROR <general>: unmatched parentheses in skin.hassetting(enable.blurredvideoinfo

Can you tell me how one knows what is throwing an error message?

cheers

John
(2021-10-16, 05:17)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart,

2021-10-16 12:24:03.778 T:8412 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogVideoInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2021-10-16 12:24:03.886 T:7460 INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding)
2021-10-16 12:24:04.140 T:8412 ERROR <general>: unmatched parentheses in skin.hassetting(enable.blurredvideoinfo

cheers

John

@dawsonjw, that is indeed a skin error, thank you for pointing this out. I will fix it today. I generally look in an error to see if it looks like a syntax error related to XML, and thus it is a skin error, or if it is related to an addon (it will usually have some sort of tracing messages that will indicate what addon it is), or if it is an error that looks to be from Kodi itself.

That of course is an overly simplified way of diagnosing, but I think it is a good start.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @dawsonjw , the changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know that the error is not there anymore for you.  Thanks.
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-16, 14:12)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-16, 05:17)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart,

cheers

John

@dawsonjw, that is indeed a skin error, thank you for pointing this out. I will fix it today. I generally look in an error to see if it looks like a syntax error related to XML, and thus it is a skin error, or if it is related to an addon (it will usually have some sort of tracing messages that will indicate what addon it is), or if it is an error that looks to be from Kodi itself.

That of course is an overly simplified way of diagnosing, but I think it is a good start.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @dawsonjw , the changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know that the error is not there anymore for you.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,
             yup the above one has gone away now...  Thanks for that.

Do these ones come from the skin too...

2021-10-17 15:37:13.144 T:11180 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: MyPVRGuide.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2021-10-17 15:37:18.894 T:10932 ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting TVGuide
2021-10-17 15:37:18.897 T:2176 INFO <general>: Skipped 2 duplicate messages..
2021-10-17 15:37:18.897 T:2176 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-10-17 15:37:18.894 T:5624 ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting TVTimerRules

then later on...

2021-10-17 16:01:50.504 T:6620 ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting TVGuide
2021-10-17 16:01:50.504 T:6620 ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting TVRecordings
2021-10-17 16:01:50.505 T:6620 ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting TVGuide

Sorry to bug you with these

The full log is at http://paste.kodi.tv/ojivubowis

cheers

John
@bsoriano 
just installed the new Leia build on Github

works great so far, thanks !
(2021-10-15, 23:45)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-14, 18:27)fsurfer Wrote: Its down to personal requirements, the equipment I use is for business and pleasure, so I have basic demands for my media player GUI not into bells&whistles purely access and the skilled hands of Bart have created the ideal package, with Kodi at the core

@fsurfer , thank you for your kind words! I completely understand.  Hopefully this weekend I will be uploading new versions, for both Matrix and Leia, to the Amber repo.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I think you have most bases covered, curious is there a setting to show clealogo on the Amber player, ideally for Leia that I missed?

Attached are from Estuary

ImageImageImage
(2021-10-17, 09:07)dawsonjw Wrote: Do these ones come from the skin too...

@dawsonjw , those do not seem to be coming from the skin.  What PVR client are you using? If you are using PVR IPTV Simple, is your m3u list located in a network path? I ask since there seem to be issues with NFS connections in your log.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-17, 22:49)fsurfer Wrote: I think you have most bases covered, curious is there a setting to show clealogo on the Amber player, ideally for Leia that I missed?

@fsurfer, while the OSD in Amber does not look like the OSD in Estuary, there is a way to display clearlogo (or any other artwork type) in Amber's OSD.  The setting is here:

You can select None, Poster/Thumb, Clearlogo, ClearArt, DiscArt or Character Art.

Some examples with Clear Logo:

Please be aware that no artwork is shown if you enable the Compact OSD in Amber settings.  It will be shown, as you can see above, for the regular OSD and the Ultra Comapct OSD.  Thanks.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-17, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote: Please be aware that no artwork is shown if you enable the Compact OSD in Amber settings.  It will be shown, as you can see above, for the regular OSD and the Ultra Comapct OSD.  Thanks.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Perfect, I obviously missed that - thank you.
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.30 (Matrix) and 3.2.150 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  These versions are mostly bug fixes (reported and unreported), and only two main new features:

1.  Search Movies by Tag.  Amber now allows you to search movies by tag, both from the Search menu item, and directly from the movie info screen.  It looks like this from the movie info screen:

To enable finding movies by tag from the Search menu, you need to enable the category in the search categories dialog:

2.  Show Info for Shelves.  You now can show information on the shelves which remains on screen.  This is enabled on a per menu item basis, and you can find the setting here:

It looks like this for movies with the horizontal menu:

For TV Shows:

And for Episodes:

And it looks like this for Movies in the vertical menu:

Some notes regarding this feature:
  • Info will also be shown for Sets, People, Music Videos, Addons, Videos, Artists, Albums and Songs.
  • The cast info is provided by tmdb helper.  If you do not have this addon installed and enabled, and enable its use in Amber settings, you will not see cast info.
  • In order to show the info, the shelves will be moved down, and only one row shown, independent of how you had them configured.
  • Navigation for the shelves will be the same as for one-row shelves, meaning that you press Up to go to the next shelf, and Down or Back to go back to the main menu.

Please test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi,

you never cease to amaze, a Tag short-cut is a great addition as I use Tags quite a lot and also to cross-check whether total files on a SMB share has been loaded to library by grouping in TMM - also invaluable when checking for duplicates

Update:- 
​​​
I just download and add or do I remove existing version of Amber skin and reinstall?
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the update, but I was under the impression that this is how the shelf information would work. Two shelves visible, and when you hover to the top shelf, the bottom shelves disappear, but shows the information on an overlay (current overlay is too dark and not uniformed at the edges), and vice versa for the top. In my opinion this would have been much better. I know this was possible before, and I'm pretty sure it was on a skin called ReFred. I'm not complaining, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having two shelves present, but only one is visible if the option is turned on, unless you move the highlight from top to bottom within the same box. It's almost like the old Amber configuration where you you use one shelf. Anyway, I am sure you have your reasons for doing it this way, but it would have been awesome if it was the way I suggested.

Also, if you have the information option set to on, then you may want to consider automatically turning off the popup info over each episode as per the setting in the Home menu widgets. Then again, users can just go and manually switch it off.

Anyway, thanks for all your continued work.

Shedrock
Hi Bart
Just noticed on in the Live TV / Channels screen there is a [/B] at the end on the Time description half way down the screen on left hand side. It’s on all channels

Cheers

John
  • 241(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5