• 248(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-10-28, 22:43)Cyberdom Wrote: Here are the translations in French :

@Cyberdom, thank you for the translations.  I am not sure if you know that you can sign up in kodi.weblate.cloud, and do the translations yourself whenever you notice an untranslated string.  Weblate is pretty easy to use, and it is the official translation service for Kodi.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hi, @bsoriano! Long time no see! Although I'm not using this skin anymore I see you are doing an amazing job with it! I'm here just to re-suggest you about put new screenshots on the skin folder (for people that select skins by Kodi own interface) and in the first page of this thread. I think this way you can call more people to use it. Remember, a picture is worth more than thousand words Wink
Regards!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2021-10-29, 18:21)edjalmo Wrote: Hi, @bsoriano! Long time no see! Although I'm not using this skin anymore I see you are doing an amazing job with it! I'm here just to re-suggest you about put new screenshots on the skin folder (for people that select skins by Kodi own interface) and in the first page of this thread. I think this way you can call more people to use it. Remember, a picture is worth more than thousand words Wink
Regards!
@edjalmo , I hope you are doing well! Thanks for your kind words and your re-suggestion Smile  I will definitely include new screenshots in the skin folder, and create an imgur gallery highlighting some of what Amber can do.  You are totally correct about pictures being much more memorable than words.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-29, 17:57)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-28, 22:28)fsurfer Wrote: First message 'No Information Available'

Second message 'Youtube search results' appears on top

Thanks Bart,
(2021-10-29, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-28, 22:43)Cyberdom Wrote: Here are the translations in French :

@Cyberdom, thank you for the translations.  I am not sure if you know that you can sign up in kodi.weblate.cloud, and do the translations yourself whenever you notice an untranslated string.  Weblate is pretty easy to use, and it is the official translation service for Kodi.

Regards,

Bart
No I don't know, how does it work ?
Is there a special category for Amber's translations ?
(2021-10-29, 22:11)Cyberdom Wrote: No I don't know, how does it work ?
Is there a special category for Amber's translations ?

@Cyberdom , you need to Register (create an account, there is no cost) at https://kodi.weblate.cloud , and once you do, go to this forum thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363132 and request to be added to the French language translators.  Please provide the account name you used to sign-up in weblate.

Once you have been added to the French translators, when you sign in to weblate, you can browse the available projects; one of those is kodi skins, and in there is skin.amber.  Once in Amber, select the language that you want to translate (in your case French (fr_fr)), and you will see a screen that shows what percentage of the translation is completed.  There is a Translate button there, when you click it, you can start translating.  Weblate will bring you the first string that is not translated, and you go from there.  It is very intuitive.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,

Excuse my ignorance, but when I play in trailer from DialogVideoInfo screen, shouldn't it by default use YouTube? I ask because it wasn't playing at all, then I went into some TMDBHelper setting and chose YouTube, came back out and tried again. It took about 1.5 minutes to load a trailer, but then I rebooted and tried again, and nothing happens. I never used to have this problem with Amber in the past, and to be honest, I never really use trailers, but now my wife has found a new pass time. Big Grin

Thanks in advance.

Shedrock
(2021-10-30, 00:26)shedrock Wrote: Hi Bart,

Excuse my ignorance, but when I play in trailer from DialogVideoInfo screen, shouldn't it by default use YouTube? I ask because it wasn't playing at all, then I went into some TMDBHelper setting and chose YouTube, came back out and tried again. It took about 1.5 minutes to load a trailer, but then I rebooted and tried again, and nothing happens. I never used to have this problem with Amber in the past, and to be honest, I never really use trailers, but now my wife has found a new pass time. Big Grin

Thanks in advance.

Shedrock

Hello @shedrock,

The skin will attempt to play whatever is stored in your db as the trailer for the item. If you have a local trailer it will play that. If you have a URL for the trailer I am not sure how it will respond, as I have local trailers for all of my movies. I will have to do some tests with URLs.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-30, 01:39)bsoriano Wrote: The skin will attempt to play whatever is stored in your db as the trailer for the item. If you have a local trailer it will play that. If you have a URL for the trailer I am not sure how it will respond, as I have local trailers for all of my movies. I will have to do some tests with URLs.
I just tested it on my windows machine and it uses YouTube, that's without any changes to TMDB Helper setting (not sure if that's even used for trailers), but it takes long on the Windows PC as well, not as long as the LE system, but approx 20 seconds to load.

How do you get the trailers? Is it TMM you're using, and does it take up a lot of HD space?

Cheers,

Shedrock
(2021-10-30, 02:41)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-10-30, 01:39)bsoriano Wrote: The skin will attempt to play whatever is stored in your db as the trailer for the item. If you have a local trailer it will play that. If you have a URL for the trailer I am not sure how it will respond, as I have local trailers for all of my movies. I will have to do some tests with URLs.
I just tested it on my windows machine and it uses YouTube, that's without any changes to TMDB Helper setting (not sure if that's even used for trailers), but it takes long on the Windows PC as well, not as long as the LE system, but approx 20 seconds to load.

How do you get the trailers? Is it TMM you're using, and does it take up a lot of HD space?

Cheers,

Shedrock

@shedrock, yes, I use tmm. The software itself takes up very little space. The trailers, depending on resolution, can take up anywhere from a few megabytes to 50 or 60 megabytes. These numbers are what I see for my library.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-30, 02:59)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, yes, I use tmm. The software itself takes up very little space. The trailers, depending on resolution, can take up anywhere from a few megabytes to 50 or 60 megabytes. These numbers are what I see for my library.
I just tried it with TMM. I have very fast internet and it took over 20 minutes to download the trailer for Army of Thieves at 720p. Even the SD version is over 10 minutes so far, and both didn't work, so I can say goodbye to using that option. It really is frustrating to say the least.

Thanks Bart
Hey Bart,
I'm still following the great changes you make.
I found a little issue.
In the osd section, if "hide seek bar after 3 sec" is selected and if "subtitle button opens subtitle settings in video osd" is NO than the osd closes after 3 sec,
but if Yes is selected the osd don't close after the selected time, is there a possibility to change that so it closes automatic to?

Thanks
H.
(2021-10-30, 10:10)Input1963 Wrote: Hey Bart,
I'm still following the great changes you make.
I found a little issue.
In the osd section, if "hide seek bar after 3 sec" is selected and if "subtitle button opens subtitle settings in video osd" is NO than the osd closes after 3 sec,
but if Yes is selected the osd don't close after the selected time, is there a possibility to change that so it closes automatic to?

Thanks
H.
@Input1963 , could you please post a screenshot of your settings combination in the Full Screen/OSD section of Amber settings? That way I can test like you are testing, since I cannot reproduce the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Second

This are the screens, so the auto closing video osd does not happen, have to push back, back.

Thx,
H.
(2021-10-30, 19:41)Input1963 Wrote: This are the screens, so the auto closing video osd does not happen, have to push back, back.

@Input1963 , thank you for the screenshots.  I was able to reproduce the issue and have uploaded a fix to GitHub.  Please test and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5